Texas-San Antonio
Options

Officiant recs?

Thanks for the marriage island rec, DeadUtopia!!  We are booked there for a december 21st wedding :-)

Now I just need to find an officiant to "marry" us.  We are actually doing all the paperwork in Virginia before we leave to be married in this state, we just need someone who can go through a VERY small ceremony.  I am talking like 5 minutes of the very basics.  There will only be 6 people attending the wedding, so no reason to make it a long drawn out deal :-)

ANyway...I saw the ministry of SA, but they are like $150 for a half hour!  We only need someone for 5 minutes, so I am having a hard time swallowing that.  So...I guiess what I want to know of any reccommendations for someone to do this thing inexpensively?? 

TIA!!!

Re: Officiant recs?

• Options
    edited December 2011

The officiant I was recommended was $350 so $150 seems reasonable.  I don't think there is anyone that would charge any less than 1/2 hr increment.  I'm not aware of anyone lower than the price you were quoted but it's possible they exist.

• Options
    DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! I'm glad you liked it!

As far as the $150 charge, honestly that's probably the best deal you'll find from what I've seen. When we were shopping around for the same thing, they averaged about $250+. Even the JOP charges about $100 (I think) to perform a wedding outside of the courthouse.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards