Rhode Island
Options

Rosecliff

Any Rosecliff brides out there?

As I wrote the other day, Belcourt unexpectedly canceled my event and left me in quite the precarious situation with only 4 months to go and 2 years of meticulous planning under my belt. Rosecliff really stepped up and helped us out and I am super excited to be having my wedding in such a beautiful place. Maybe this all was a blessing in disguise- minus the legal battle I'll be enduring :-\ 
Anyway, had some questions for any Rosecliff brides out there if they know the answers...

1. Where did you have your ceremony? The outside is so beautiful but I'm getting married Columbus Day weekend and Rosecliff weddings can't start before 6:30. I believe it will be dark then. Anybody do an outside wedding in the dark? Is that weird? Can I light it in some way. I don't want people to miss my dress :)

2. Anyone know if the piano can be moved to a different room? I wanted it in the salon because I was planning on putting a martini bar in there- thought it would be a good lounging area and an escape from the DJ

3. Anyone know if they have high tables? I'm planning on having a station reception and wanted a mix of tables in size and height.

4. I know they won't light the fireplaces. Anyone use uplighting to do this?

Any insider tips? 
I'm really excited and obviously they can answer all these questions but I don't want to bother them with these little things until my appointment.
TIA

Re: Rosecliff

• Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any info on Rosecliff but I wanted to say that I am super happy for yout hat they stepped in. I hope that they honored the price- as we know Rosecliff can be the priciest place of all...

Its sooo gorgeous there- you will have an amazing wedding!
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    chantz2387chantz2387 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Soo happy you found somewhere! I can't help though, sorry.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a Rosecliff bride but I've attended several weddings there.  I looked up the sunset for you on sunrisesunset.com.  I forget the exact day Columbus Day is but I'm pretty sure you'll be having a 6:30pm sunset (give or take a few minutes).  

1. Rosecliff can do ceremonies at night in the salon (where you were planning on having the martini bar.  You probably don't want to have your ceremony at dusk because of pictures.  All your pictures will be really flashy with a dark background.  (Unless your photographer is REALLY good at a lighting situation like this.  Maybe a photographer who specializes in Jewish weddings due to their religious restrictions on ceremony times.  Most outdoor Jewish ceremonies are in the dark if the couple is Orthodox.)

2. I'm about 90% sure the piano can get moved.  I believe it's on wheels.

3. I'd double check with them about high tables but I doubt it.  I've never seen high tables there.  You'll probably need to rent them.

4. I'm using Ormonde Productions.  I've been to a wedding that he's done at Rosecliff.  I've also been to wedding there with no uplighting.  I'd vote for uplighting.  Amber & pink look amazing there.

My photographer, Peter Silvia, has photographed tons & tons of weddings at Rosecliff.  I searched "rosecliff" on his blog and pulled up his weddings there.  Take a look!  You may get some great ideas! http://petersilviaweddingphotography.blogspot.com/search?q=rosecliff
  • Options
    BrambleBerryBrambleBerry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow thanks so much for all your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards