Pre-wedding Parties

Something other than Flowers...

Im hosting my sister's bridal shower in a month and would like to do something other than flowers as centerpieces on the tables.  I don't want anything that looks tacky- so I was wondering what other alternative ideas anyone could tell me about.  Or where to look to find some ideas...

Re: Something other than Flowers...

• I saw some neat pictures (I think on TK) of different patterned lamps used as centerpieces. They were fancy/cute looking lamps and small ones. I thought that idea was neat.

You could do edible--I've been to weddings with mini cakes or a small cupcake tower as centerpieces. Or vases with manzanita branches with crystals hanging off of them (we did this and incorporated some flowers at our wedding). A simple one would be some votive candles.

Kind of depends on the formality of the event and how much money you want to spend.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • edited January 2012
    Edible centerpieces are great idea. Use individual cakes at each table, fruit kebabs or layered fruit salads, trifle bowls filled with citrus fruits.

You could put assorted framed photos of the bride-to-be on each table.

Buy small potted plants at your local greenhouse - they can double as party favors. I think I saw somewhere that you are having the shower at a Mexican restaraunt - so look for tiny, assorted cacti and succulents if you want to stay with that theme.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards