Rhode Island

Liquor Vendors

Anyone use a separate liquor vendor at your reception to save money? Who did you use? How did you choose?Any info appreciated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Liquor Vendors

• We're thinking about it.  We might take a day trip up to New Hampshire (apparently it's cheaper there & it's tax free) & just load up the SUV.  But our caterer adds a $450 fee if you supply your own alcohol.  I still need to try to price it out & see if it's really worth it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In our case the caterer provides the liability insurance, the bartenders, and doesn't charge extra for not going through them for the alcohol, although there is a small charge for the dry bar of soda, mixers, ice, etc.
    We are looking at liquor vendors in Newport and trying to get a feel for who offers the best deal, delivers the items and picks up unused items. Whoever we use will be less than what the caterer charges, but we're interested in knowing personal experiences. Has anyone used Vickers Liquor's, Bellvue Wine Spirits, or Fifth Ward Liquors?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • While I haven't used any of the liquor stores you've mentioned, I used to work in the liquor industry in RI. All three stores will provide great service with Vickers coming in at the least expensive, then Fifth ward, and Bellvue probably being the most expensive of the three.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards