Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Alvina Valenta 9204

I bought this dress and I really loved it.  But now I am having second thoughts when I look at the photos I took at the store...I am trying to figure out what this dress looks like on other people besides the perfect model in this photo. http://www.jlmcouture.com/Alvina-Valenta/Bridal/Spring/2012/Style-9204 I am not sure how tall she is and want to make sure I don't look to short in it with the bottom being such a large part of what makes this dress. I think I am just over analyzing! Any photos with others in it would be a big help!! Thanks to all!

Re: Alvina Valenta 9204

• Options
    In Response to Alvina Valenta 9204:
    [QUOTE]I bought this dress and I really loved it.  But now I am having second thoughts when I look at the photos I took at the store...I am trying to figure out what this dress looks like on other people besides the perfect model in this photo. http://www.jlmcouture.com/Alvina-Valenta/Bridal/Spring/2012/Style-9204 I am not sure how tall she is and want to make sure I don't look to short in it with the bottom being such a large part of what makes this dress. I think I am just over analyzing! Any photos with others in it would be a big help!! Thanks to all!
    Posted by Epet234[/QUOTE]

I think you are way over thinking things. Go back to the reason why you bought this dress - you really love it.  Don't worry about how it looks on other people or models.  A good seemstress will make this dress perfect for you and your shape.

If you love the dress just LOVE it. It is way to easy to second guess yourself and can cause you stress.  I think it is a beautiful dress and if you love it you'll look fab in it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had second thoughts at times about my dress, but I knew I got it for a reason. And when I pulled it on that day, I KNEW there was a reason. I felt so beautiful, and I danced around all night feeling just spectacular.
    Just TRUST yourself.
  • Options
    That is an absolutely GORGEOUS DRESS!! when I look at other dresses I always wonder...Is there another dress out there for me, but then I have to remember I felt when I had it on and then I let the nerves go
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks guys! You are all right. Still would love to see some photos. But I need to just let it go! Long engagements make you doubt quick decisions you made in the beginning! 10.5 months to go!
  • Options
    Don't have any pictures for you, but that is a GORGEOUS dress!!!

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi I saw your post and am laughing bc I bought the same exact dress alvina valenta 9204 and have the same doubts!! It looks amazing on the model but I too am short so I am worried I made the wrong decision! Have you had any fittings yet? I have a long engagement so I won't have my first fitting for a year but am hoping I love it once I see it again. If you have any pics I would love to see!
  • Options
    Hey Rachel! 
    I have my dress and I still have not had an alterations appointment but I will make one in a month or so. I tried it on again in the correct size and I felt SO much better about it. It is sooo much better once it is your size and not clamped to you. The only problem I have now is that I need to add cups to the boob area and also it is pretty hard to sit in...but I guess beauty is pain...If you want some photos from when I tried mine on send me a private message if you see this. :) 

- Erin
  • Options
    Hi! I just bought and had my first fitting in this dress! I'm feeling the same way as you. I am a short girl, and I'm afraid that it appears the bottom just swallows me. I'm doing the same as you and trying to find pictures of real brides in them, but no luck. I really think it would make me feel a little better! Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures of me in it because I didn't want my fiancé to find them. I can take them next time I go in about a month though. I'd be happy to share them with you! Would you mind sharing a picture of you in it? It would SO help me out! There's no going back now and I'm freaking a little.
  • Options
    Me too! Bought the same dress and had my first fitting, now I'm having doubts and there is no turning back. I'm freaking a little. Do you have any pictures of you in it? I'd love to see them. I don't have any pictures of me in it because I was afraid my fiancé would find them, but if you still would like to see some, I can take them when I go back in a month. I'd really appreciate any help (comfort, lol).
  • Options
    Did the store take a hollow to hem measurement?  I think once you get your dress in in your own proportions it shouldn't look like it's swallowing you.  It should be made proportionate to your height.
  • Options
    They actually talked me out of a hollow to hem and now I completely regret it. I haven't had good service AT ALL at this boutique. I think it would've looked so much better had it been made according to my height. It's way too late now, but I'm kicking myself for not going with my instinct! I just hope once the alterations are completely done that it will look decent... Last fitting did not go as well as I had hoped.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards