Texas-Houston
Options

Tattoo HELP!

Ok so we're taking our Engagement pictures in a couple of weeks.Problem is I'm wearing a dress and I wanna cover up the tattoo on my ankle!I've tried the makeup but its still visible.Any suggestions?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tattoo HELP!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i used the makeup kit from davids bridal, and it was pretty decent...

i would cover it up the best you can... then let your photographer know that you dont want it to show...    you can work the poses around it...and if it is visible...  the coverup will at least help minimize the photoshop work your photographer would need to do to remove it.
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• Options
    lawddlawdd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow I didnt know they sell kits there!I started looking online but it got a bit expensive.I believe a Co. was selling a kit for about $350 + tax and S&H.Hmmm no!Lol!I hope the one from Davids Bridal isnt that expensive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    every one I know who has tried the makeup kits from David's said they sucked. the only way to cover it up completely is with theater makeup. go to the Wedding Beauty board--I think there are at least 2 threads about this topic on the first page.

out of curiosity, why are you wanting to cover it up?

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    theater makeup would definitely work better that's for sure.
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• Options
    edited December 2011

I'm curious too, why do you want to cover it up?

Planning Bio
    Updated 8/24
    The Planning Blog
    Updated 8/26

• Options
    lawddlawdd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback !Thats real helpful! I mean for the pics. were taking them outside,and I'll be wearing a cute dress, and I just feel that it wont look right showing off a huge tattoo on my ankle....
    at first I didnt care ,but my mom insists on covering it up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard of dermablend.  You can get it at Macy's.  I don't know the cost, though.  I was looking at it to cover mine up at my wedding but decided against it.  It's part of me.  It didn't make any of my pictures look less beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dermablend doesn't work either, I've already tried. it didn't even cover up my freckles on my shoulders, much less my black tattoo.

and what's wrong with showing off a tattoo on the ankle in pictures? it's a part of you now. my tattoos are on my left shoulder (similar to askweres, but on the other side) and my right foot. the shoulder tatt will definitely be showing in my wedding photos. I'm not covering it up--although I was thinking about at one point as well.

• Options
    lawddlawdd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well I feel much better noe!Fuuuuuui then it IS ok to show off ur tattoo!Tat tat tat it up!lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    would getting it airburushed work?
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Those tattoos are you!  I was going to cover up mine on my shoulder because my dad and his (very up-tight) side of the family did not know I had it.  When it came time, I decided against it.  My tattoos are part of who I am.

Funny story, though: as my dad and I were getting ready to walk down the aisle, he looked at me and said, "I didn't know you had a tattoo."  I just raised my shoulders, held out my hands, and said, "Surprise!"  We just laughed.  He may not approve of it, but I'm a grown woman now and can make my own decisions about my body.

I included a bridal picture just to show it didn't detract.  This one was actually one of the favorites of all of my friends that looked at the pictures.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say dont cover it either if it wasnt your idea.  But if you still want to I heard that the Kat Von D makeup line might have something that works... check sephora.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kat Von D sucks too. I've already tried it. she calls her concealer "tattoo concealer" but it didn't even cover up the light brown freckles on my face. seriously. I wouldn't even use it as a regular concealer.

• Options
    lawddlawdd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes Kat Von D does sucks, I tried the Airbrush no good results either.Too much complications lmao Im just gna live it as it is.I love my tattoo anyways!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards