Rhode Island
Options

Second Thoughts about Photographer

So a while ago I was really excited to discover that a kid I was friends with in high school had become a photographer and was shooting weddings.  I was even more excited when I contacted him and he said that since we used to be buddies he would only charge me for his time - $800 - and that would include I think 6-8 hours of unlimited photos.  He also said if I wanted a second shooter it would only be $500 more!!  I was thrilled at the savings and I think that clouded my judgement - because lately I have been looking at his sample wedding pic's online and they all seem a little off and well not that pretty.....UGHHHH.  So my question is 1) Is it too late to book a new photog?  I haven't signed anything with the current one and 2) Can I get a better photog at $1300 with 6 hours of shooting and two shooters??

Re: Second Thoughts about Photographer

• Options
    If you haven't signed anything you're well within your rights to change your mind and hire someone else. I'm not sure what photographers in the area are available for that price, but I'm sure someone else will have some suggestions.
  • Options
    1. No it is not too late to book another photographer but I would definitely look into booking one asap if your date is popular and if your getting married soon. Like Ven&Radio said, you are not contactually obligated to this vendor because you did not sign anything.
    2. Yes, I suggest making another post on here with your requirements for a photographer including the budget. The knotties on here can give you some recommendations.

My personal recommendation is Monika Rose Photography. She was a third shooter at my wedding and she was absolutely ah-mazing and very professional too. I believe she is within your budget so definitely shoot her an e-mail if you are interested in her work. G.L

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards