July 2012 Weddings
Options

My sister the MOH attitude.

Let me start off by saying I always knew my sister would be my MOH. She is my best friend but her actions lately have me second guessing my choice. Here is a little back story: my sister is the youngest child and I am the oldest. We are complete opposites. Back in June she became Gf to a guy who had 2 boys one is 4 the other was 6 months old. So nobody has really been able to let that factor go. Needless to say she is now 5 months pregnant with his child. Since she has been with her bf she has distanced herself from myself and we never have her and I alone time which we would call sisters day. My sister is a very moody and irrational at times so here is my dilemma. I asked my sister to come help me address invites. She comes over and grunts do we have to do this? So goes along and does it. That following Monday I ask her if she will come to the bridal store to help me make my final choice and purchase my wedding dress. She grunts and moans then says what time. I tell get the time and she grunts and says fine. After that I call my best Gf and explain to her what happens with my sister and she canceled her plans and came with me along with my sister and my future mil and sil. We get to the bridal store and my sister immediately takes a seat. My mil has to help me in and out of dresses. My best Gf was on her way otherwise she would have helped. I try on the dresses and everyone including myself love the dress I picked. Time to try on veils. I put a long one on that I liked and my sister exclaims no nope! I ask why rudely she says it's too long. I said but why and she keeps with the same answer it's too long. So I end up finding one I like. I purchase my dress and we all drive back to my house. On the way home my sister explains she wants to wear a short bridesmaids dress that shows off her bump. I told her no way that is happening. She wants a skin tight tube dress!!! The following week she she goes in for an ultrasound and her due date has been moved to MY WEDDING DAY! I asked her what she wants me to do? She says to find a replacement but to expect her to still be MOH. My sil asks me what I'm doing for my bridal parties if anyone has stepped up? I told her no but to go through my best Gf for advice or planning. They both told me they are hosting both parties and are just going to tell my sister and she will just have to go along w it because they think any idea that suggest she is going to shoot down. Since my sister is my best friend I offered to host her baby shower. I asked her to put together a list of names so I have a rough number to work with. Her shower would be in June. I get an email from her today saying "pmg I put together my list and my list is so much bigger the bfs. 66 adults and 24 children a total of 90 people" she wants to have this shower at a park. I respond with 90 people! Where do you expect everyone to sit! With my wedding the next month I can't afford food and decor for 90 people and if she wants a coed shower she needs to ask more people to help out! Is it just me or has she lost her damn mind! Hormones are no excuse I have 2 children I know what pregnancy is like! Is she being selfish or am I being insensitive?
pregnancy calendar

Re: My sister the MOH attitude.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards