Utah
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Help

I'm getting married in June and my fiance's mother is starting to plan the rehearsal dinner.  She's inviting 65 people on their side...and I have about 30 on my side.  I was really hoping for a small dinner-immediate family and wedding party only, but they are insistant on inviting that many people. 

Does anyone know of some good places to have the rehearsal dinner that isn't overly pricey?!?! 

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Help

• Options
    CarlyAnneCCarlyAnneC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about places but I think you should really talk to your mother about trimming it down and maybe make consessions on the other side too, 100 people isn't a rehersal--its the wedding! Maybe immediate family + grandparents and the wedding party only? not every uncle and cousin needs to be at the rehearsal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally understand you not wanting to make a giant event out of the rehearsal dinner.  However, the groom's family is traditionally responsible for paying for the rehearsal dinner, and if this is the case here, then I say that you let her invite whomever she wants.  On the other hand, if you are footing the bill, then definitely talk about cutting the list down.

You asked for suggestions that aren't "overly pricey," but that's a bit broad.  It might help if you told us your budget (total or per person) so that we might be able to offer suggestions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards