New Jersey - South

Ceremony & Reception Site for Small Wedding?

[posted on jersey board too]

Hello all! I'm new to the boards.

My fiance and I are looking for a venue that would do our ceremony and reception site in South Jersey or Philly area. We haven't set an offical date; we're looking into August or September 2011. We have an estimate of about 40-50 guests and we have a tight budget. We've contacted a few that we adored & most came back with a minimum of 75-100 people. I'm getting a lil discouraged because the ones that got back to us, we loved.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm willing to hear suggestions for other areas of Jersey too.

Thanks Smile

edit// I forgot to mention that we'd like to be able to dance during our reception, which is something a few places that came back at us that do small weddings don't offer.
 *Also, we're looking for a place that could do both the ceremony & the reception.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony & Reception Site for Small Wedding?

• edited December 2011

Have you tried the Pennsauken Country Club? That's where my reception is going to be! I absolutely love it (obviously) :)

• LisaLPharmDLisaLPharmD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Valleybrook in Blackwood? Villari's in Sicklerville? The Whitman Fire Hall in Turnersville is really nice too
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

230image 205image 22image 3image
  • kitten444kitten444 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing Rat's at the Grounds for Sculpture for my wedding because of that very reason - we have 50 people coming and every place else i looked wanted at least 100 guest --

Their prices are pretty reasonable and the food is great...plus, the Grounds are beautiful !
    - Heather Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had 32 guests at Faunbrook B&B in West Chester, PA.  This is a beautiful house and the owners are the nicest people you could ever meet.  There is a patio in the garden that you can use for dancing.

Here's the site if you want to take a look: http://www.faunbrook.com/

Here are a few pics of Faunbrook:

AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • LISAJAY11LISAJAY11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am having my wedding in toms river, nj...at the holiday inn and i am only having about 60 people...  i am also having the ceremony there too.  its very convenient too because it all happens right there in a hotel!   they are having a really great deal right now.. and if you book your wedding there.. if you tell them you were referred by me, you get half off a weddng enhancer of your choice.  So anyway, other things you can do to help keep costs down are have it on a sunday or in the off season  (winter)... happy planning!Laughing So if you are interested in checking out the holiday inn.. email me at mommyofbri@comcast.net and i can give you the contact info!
  • edited December 2011
    Lenola firehouse in Moorestown is absolutely gorgeous!!
    BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • edited December 2011
    blue heron pines in cologne/egg harbor city is beautiful
    Kerry Anniversary
  • reliartreliart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    noyes museum in oceanville is super pretty and i have heard good things about weddings there
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • joday79joday79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Auletto's Caterers in Deptford NJ
  • rverma060rverma060 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Valenzano Winery in Shamong, NJ. Its a great site- outdoorsy feel on a vineyard. I LOVE IT!

And you get your choice of caterers- and one is LESS than $80 per person and includes everything from cocktail hour to flowers to your wedding cake- AND a DJ!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards