Illinois-Chicago
Options

DIY Invites - how to mat invites

I finally have my invite materials and I get to start working on them. yea...(note the sarcasm)    =)

How do you like up the edges for the intiation on the mat...and then for the mat on the pocketfold?

TIA!

When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio

Re: DIY Invites - how to mat invites

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How do you line them up? I just eye-balled it. :) Very exact! hehe
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think most people eyeball it. You could also make a cardboard template. Like a 5x7 rectangle with a cut out where you want the matting.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW! Girl, you're ahead of me...I need to get crack-alackin'!

I too wondered this, but out of laziness I decided I'm just going to have them matted. I'm curious to see the replies!
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't do pocketfolds, but for other projects that I've had to mat, I just eyeballed everything. I tried making a cardboard cutout like Jess suggested, but it ended up being much more difficult than it was worth.
  • Options
    morgie44morgie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried to make a cardboard template but it got to be a huge PITA.  So I eyeballed it, and because I used the MS glue pens, I used the guide on my paper cutter to kind of square them up.  I did have a few rejects, but I think most turned out well.  PIB
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want them to be exact, figure out how much should be showing with the mat.  Measure in that amount on the two top corners and make a small dot with pencil.  Line your invite up so the two top corners are touching your pencil marks. 

That being said, I eyeball!
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards