Illinois-Chicago
Options

Opening Cards at your Shower??

Hello ladies!

Just curious...do you open the cards you receive at yur shower?  Like ones that aren't attached to gifts, but probably have money or gift cards in them?

Is it rude? 

My first shower is next weekend, and I have no idea what the rules are regarding this!
image **Married 7/9/11**

Re: Opening Cards at your Shower??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I opened the cards at both my showers. Not too sure what the etiquette actually is though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess you would just open them and thank the person who gave it to you?  Mentioning any amounts would be rude, IMO.

This just popped into my head, and I  am not sure what to do!

image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I didn't say the amounts I just said it's from Aunt Suzie or something like that and if it was a gift card said it's a gift card from Macy's. I think most people figure that there is money or a gift card in there.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I opened them and announced who they were from, but I didn't say if there was a check/gift card, etc.
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_opening-cards-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:115e7369-9712-4948-a22d-5bec7c3dfdbaPost:02ab9802-a396-4d6e-a15c-2e6cde39b2ae">Re: Opening Cards at your Shower??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I opened them and announced who they were from, but I didn't say if there was a check/gift card, etc.
    Posted by aimers1525[/QUOTE]

Yep, ditto. Although be sure that whomever is keeping a list of the gifts writes down what it is/where it's for, for your thank yous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards