Snarky Brides

Hurray! It's finally Friday!!

Good morning ladies!

Busy day for me, lots of meetings. Hopefully I can get home before the freezing rain we're expecting tonight.

I'm thinking takeout tonight, although maybe FI will surprise me since he's off all day. By Friday I'm just too tired to plan anything.

I have to work a half day tomorrow, so I'm taking the weekend off from wedding stuff and planning to not leave the house or get out of my pyjamas all day on Sunday!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Hurray! It's finally Friday!!

• Happy Friday!! Thought this week would never end!!!

Snowstorm last night wasn't nearly as bad as expected so unfortunately no snow day today :(  Not sure what the plan is tonight. I have been so stressed out and exhausted this week haven't had energy to cook dinner the past couple nights so poor FI has been on his own AKA freezer food. Tomorrow night we are going to a Night at the Races fundraiser. Sunday I'm meeting with my friend who owns a graphic design co. to work on my invites, programs etc and start brainstorming if we are going to make all the wedding flowers.

Angel--Enjoy your weekend off planning!! I did that last weekend. You definitely need a break once in awhile!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay, Friday!

I'm excited not to work this weekend, but I'm also stressed about making sure everything is nice for my brother when he comes.

I got a new cook book yesterday about macrobiotic/vegan eating.  I'm going to give it a try.  Not being vegan, because I love meat, but going more into organic/natual eating than I have been.

Also, we're potty training the little girl I watch, and yesterday was the first time she'd used a public restroom with stalls.  She was sitting on the toilet when other people started coming in, which confused her, but then when they started doing their business she basically narrated their experience.  "Someone else is peeing?  Someone else did a fart?  *Gasp* Someone else did a poop in the potty!  Get them a cupcake!  Hurray!"  It was incredibly adorable, and also really awkward.  Luckily when we came out to wash hands and stuff the only other person in there was an older woman who also thought it was hilarious. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hurray-its-finally-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab3d6b97-3892-46f8-a8bb-e398279a1de8Post:793d2bdd-cd48-48cf-85a7-b9eda8d256f5">Re: Hurray! It's finally Friday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay, Friday! I'm excited not to work this weekend, but I'm also stressed about making sure everything is nice for my brother when he comes. I got a new cook book yesterday about macrobiotic/vegan eating.  I'm going to give it a try.  Not being vegan, because I love meat, but going more into organic/natual eating than I have been. Also, we're potty training the little girl I watch, and yesterday was the first time she'd used a public restroom with stalls.  She was sitting on the toilet when other people started coming in, which confused her, but then when they started doing their business she basically narrated their experience.  "Someone else is peeing?  Someone else did a fart?  *Gasp* Someone else did a poop in the potty!  <strong>Get them a cupcake!  Hurray</strong>!"  It was incredibly adorable, and also really awkward.  Luckily when we came out to wash hands and stuff the only other person in there was an older woman who also thought it was hilarious. 
    Posted by dtbluv[/QUOTE]

Little kids make my heart smile :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dtb - I normally think hearing about my friends potty training their children on Facebook is way too much TMI, this was really funny. Thank you for my morning giggle!

Rel - Enjoy designing your invitations with your friend! I love cool wedding invitations. Hopefully you guys come up with something neat. 

Angel - I haven't left house on a Sunday in awhile and stay in my pj's all day. It's great :) On Saturday I'll go out and buy ingredients for a Sunday dinner that will often be simmering on the stove top all day and make the house amazing. 

Today at work we're all leaving early for a goodbye get together for a coworker. Afterwards I'm going to hangout with my FSIL for a bit and avoid some of the normal Friday commuting traffic. So it should be a good day as long as 3 p,m. gets here quickly. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Happy Friday :]
    I was 30mins late to work today, because I didnt wake up until 840am. I am suppose to be at work at 9am. Ugh. On the bright side, today I will be making my final car payment! I am so exicted!! It couldnt have happened at a better time, exactly 6 months till the wedding. We are planning on putting the money I would normally spend on my car payment straight into the wedding savings acct every month. I mean, we are already so use to not having it so it just makes sense. I cannot wait to officially own my car!
    In other news, I have to try on my dress this weekend. Last time I tried it on, it fit perfectly. That was about 2 months ago. But, my eating habits have been kinda out of control lately. So I am really nervous. I figure if I try it on this weekend, with 6 months left to the wedding, I will def be able to buckle down if it doesnt fit. I also need to make a trip over the reception venue to ask them about putting up some lighting around the dance floor. I saw an ad of the venue in the wedding issue of the local magazine & they had these pillars all around the dance floor that were lighted up & i fell in love with it. I want it. I drive past my the venue everyday on my way to work & every time I see it, I just get butterflies thinking about it.
    Tim Hortons is back with Roll Up the Rim. I have a feeling my bank account will have an influx of coffee purchases in the next few weeks.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am taking a break from cleaning now. We started addressing invites last night and hopefully can finish this weekend if FI will hurry up and get the rest of his friends' addresses. I am kinda irritated because I have been asking him for several months. Angel. Sometimes a pj day is just what the doctor ordered.
  • jennylee813jennylee813 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hurray-its-finally-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab3d6b97-3892-46f8-a8bb-e398279a1de8Post:793d2bdd-cd48-48cf-85a7-b9eda8d256f5">Re: Hurray! It's finally Friday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay, Friday! I'm excited not to work this weekend, but I'm also stressed about making sure everything is nice for my brother when he comes. I got a new cook book yesterday about macrobiotic/vegan eating.  I'm going to give it a try.  Not being vegan, because I love meat, but going more into organic/natual eating than I have been. Also, we're potty training the little girl I watch, and yesterday was the first time she'd used a public restroom with stalls.  She was sitting on the toilet when other people started coming in, which confused her, but then when they started doing their business she basically narrated their experience.  "Someone else is peeing?  Someone else did a fart?  *Gasp* Someone else did a poop in the potty!  Get them a cupcake!  Hurray!"  It was incredibly adorable, and also really awkward.  Luckily when we came out to wash hands and stuff the only other person in there was an older woman who also thought it was hilarious. 
    Posted by dtbluv[/QUOTE]

Very cute. My kids narrated as well, and it was funny when they'd ask me if it was my turn to pee too.  It's a very cold hearted person who doesn't smile at this sort of thing...

We peed for M&Ms in our house. It would have been a lot of cupcakes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Buzz, good idea! There's something about Sunday that makes me want to cook things that take all day too. My favorite lately has been pot roast!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards