Ohio-Cincinnati

HELP! Invitations!

I need some help with my wording. My fiance's parents are divorced and his mom has been remarried for about 20 years now. I had planned to just name our parents (no step) on the inviations since they are all contributing. I feel like their names need to appear given he's not from NKY....I don't know most of his guests and I want them to be able to identify WHOSE wedding it is!! haha

His mom told me she'd like his step-dad to be mentioned....so....here's my issue! Help!

Mr. & Mrs. Mom & Dad Bride

Request the honor of your presence

At the marriage of their daughter

Bride

To

Groom

Son of Dad Groom & Stepdad & Mom Groom

Can anyone help me make this flow???
Thank you!!!

Re: HELP! Invitations!

• newsgrl39newsgrl39 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    man i googled this for you and i came out stumped.... i couldnt find anywhere that added in the step father's name.... most said Son or Dad Groom and Mrs Mom Groom New Name.

but could you do

Son of Mr. and Mrs. Mom Groom and Step dad and Dad Groom?
    BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • JMWiesMomJMWiesMom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is a hard one...

I don't know the proper etiquette for something like this but I like the PP idea. 

Son of Mr. (Dad name) and Mr. and Mrs. (Mom and step-dad name)

That option would seperate the two but not bring attention by saying step-dad.  I guess it also depends on your FI's relationship with his stepdad and whether he wants it to be noted.Good luck!
  • sloanawsloanaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    had we put parents names we wouldve had this issue as well....would it offend them if you didnt put any family names, and just had the two of your names? it could be tough, but if not you mat consider it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic June Offbeat Siggy: Then and Now Pics!!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your help ladies!

sloanaw - It would be great if we could avoid parents names at all, but due to him being from the west coast (with his parents in 2 different areas) and me here we thought having our parents names would help guests to know who we are and understand why they've been invited to Kentucky! haha.

Luckily I've got some time, but I'm just trying to think ahead and figure it out now!
  • hccpsuhccpsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd put "son of" on one line, then "Mr. Dad" on the next, and "Mr and Mrs. Stepdad" on the next line.  I would put the dad's name first, simply because I assume they share the same last name.  People will be able to infer that Mr. and Mrs. Stepdad includes his mother.

Or you just use "Together with their parents" and avoid naming all the parents.
  • edited December 2011
    I think how you have it is fine---- but like pp said, I would put Mr. Dad and then jump to the next line to include Mr and mrs stepdad.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_invitations-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:409848bf-eb31-4d75-b78e-4ef80e443f58Post:f0dfe355-7a51-46ca-96dd-b0f37b68e85f">HELP! Invitations!</a>:
    [QUOTE]
    Mr. and Mrs. Mom and Dad Bride
    request the honor of your presence
    at the marriage of their daughter
    Bride
    To
    Groom
    son of Stepdad & Mom Groom
    and
    Dad Groom
    Saturday, the fourth of June
    two thousand eleven
    at one o'clock
    Church name
    City, Kentucky
    [/QUOTE]
    fixed capitalization and added an example for the rest of the invite

use "honor of your presence" if the wedding is at a church "pleasure of your company" for other locations

**edited to put groom's mom before groom's dad, ladies first :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards