March 2012 Weddings
Options

OH NO!!! I knew things were going too smoothly

So I just got a call from my travel agent saying that my flight out to Jamaica on 3/30 was cancelled. Caribbean Airlines cancelled all flights on Fridays. WTH is that??  He said he did not know a reason why and that all he knew was that he needed to get us re-scheduled! So now we have two options:
1- Pray that Sandals will move out our reservation by a day so we can leave Saturday morning and stay until Friday night instead of Fri-Thurs like we originally booked.
2- Pay EXTRA  (which this is CRAP) to fly US Air on the 30th like we originally planned.

This is making me want to CRY!  On top of all this I found out that it is going to cost us $275 to have the kilts for FI and his groomsmen shipped to us the week of the wedding.  DAMN you UPS!  Maybe I am naive but I didn't think it would cost that much.  I would drive the 2.5 hrs and pick them up but we seriously have NO time to do that unless I take off more time from work. UGH not my day!  Pray that this HM thing works out for us.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: OH NO!!! I knew things were going too smoothly

• Options
    HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2012
    Oh no I hope everything works out for you. $275 for a 2.5 hour trip? That's outrageous.  If it makes you feel any better they changed our flight times and thank god we are going a day before our cruise or else we would have missed our boat.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh my gosh!! I'm so sorry!!
    I'll cross my fingers that everything works out for you!!
    Baby Boy will be making his way into our life EDD April 5, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    Holy crap!! I hope it all works out for you. That sucks that is going to cost you all that money just for someone to deliever something that is only 2.5 hours away.

Your post made me check our flight infor to make sure they were still set for the right days and times. I am just glad we got them when we did. They have since gone up in cost!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Do you know anyone who could go pick up the kilts? Even if you give them $100, it still saves you lots.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_oh-no-i-knew-things-were-going-too-smoothly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:4a127e46-8dad-451b-83ca-3172e10f5f3fPost:9351d076-9682-4864-a7dd-d6c4ed9cff8a">Re: OH NO!!! I knew things were going too smoothly</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Do you know anyone who could go pick up the kilts? Even if you give them $100, it still saves you lots.
    </strong>Posted by ashbosity[/QUOTE]

This is a good suggestion.  Could you possibly take off work or leave a few hours early to get them?  It may be more cost affective to just get them yourself then pay that much to have them shipped.
  • Options
    Well the HM thing got resolved! They had to change the day we leave and the day we come home by a day.  That is fine by me as long as we can still go and not have to pay more! 

Wish I knew someone to pick up the kilts but literally everyone is busy and they won't be ready for pick up until 3/12 so we might as well have them shipped.  I am keeping my fingers crossed!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards