Illinois-Chicago
Options

RAIN-BACKUP PHOTO VENUE

We are planning to do photos (from 3:00-4:30) with the bridesmaids/groomsmen/ ushers before the ceremony and use a trolley to get down to the lake/Buckingham.  Our wedding is at The Westin on Michigan in June.  If it rains, however, we'll have 2 hours of downtime and I'm sure we could do some Mich Ave pictures w/ umbrellas, however, since this is before the ceremony, I don't want to risk getting too wet.  Does anyone have suggestions for an indoor back-up, maybe a museum or something?  Even if they charge $200 or $300, it would be great to have a back-up!
Thank you!
March 2011: Off Nuva, cycle back to "normal" for me: No periods since 15 years old. June 2011:Provera&50 mg Clomid; Progesterone:0.7 July 2011:Provera&100mg Clomid; Progesterone:3.29 Met with RE:No Clomid response, begin injectables Sep 5 mg Letrozole and Ovidrel in the interim month. Cut out running (was a distance-runner), cycling, eliptical. Restricted to weight-training, walking, pilates. Brain MRI normal. Being physically over-stressed is the reason the body stopped producing prog. Late Sep 2011: Menopur, Ovidrel,& IUI (10.10.11):BFN-Great injectable response: 2 mature, 6 near mature, many smaller; Problem: 9 cysts! Dr: IUI too uncontrolled for number of viable eggs & age. On to IVF! IVF ER 12.6: 37 mature eggs, 27 fertilized, froze all to avoid overstimulation; FET 1.22 (2 Grade 1)=BFN; FET 2.22 (3 Grade 2)=BFP! Beta 10dp3dt=291; 12dp3dt=644; HB 3.26!! 174 bpm: Vanishing twin almost completely absorbed 10wks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: RAIN-BACKUP PHOTO VENUE

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Union Station (need a permit)
    Chicago Cultural Center (do not need a permit)
    Navy Pier (need a permit)

are a few that come to mind.

I would think some of the museums would be cool (like the Contemporay or the Art Institute) but I don't know what their policies are.
  • Options
    lmg1115lmg1115 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask your photographer - trust me, they probably have a lst a mile long of rain backups, i know mine does.
  • Options
    BrideKristiBrideKristi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Garfield Park Conservatory! No permit needed, nice and warm in there, many different backgrounds. Beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recall Garfield Park Conservatory's event director telling us we needed to obtain a permit from the city in order to take pictures at their facility. Museums would work, but the Art museum for instance, will charge you the full admission for each person you bring in, and many of their area's you cannot have flash photography. We contacted many other places as well, like the george washington library and the chicago cultural center, all of which give exclusivity rights to the bride and groom that are actually having their wedding there that day. 

Thankfully we ended up having a nice day for our pictures, but I was successful in coming up with ONE back up location right on Michigan Avenue. It was at the marble staircase in the Santa Fe building. I had to get clearance and permission, but it was free and a beautiful location! You will love it here, and it is right in the area that you will be in. Good luck with any other idea's you have!
  • Options
    HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Besides asking your photographer you could ask your trolley driver.

One of our photo places was actually suggested by our limo driver when we signed our contract.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards