Indiana
Options

Need Advice

Hey Ladies.  I need some advice.  Has anyone had to deal with a difficult BM?  I have one that I feel like she does not want to be very involved and shoots down any ideas that I may throw across the table.  I'm not sure how to bring it to her attention that my feelings are somewhat hurt and I feel as though she really doesn't care about the wedding.  Am I being too sensitive to the fact and should I just let it go, or should I say something to her?  Any advice is much appreciated.

Re: Need Advice

• Options
    topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't had to deal w/one....but it's your wedding, not your BMs. You should go with whatever you like.

And as far as her not caring about the wedding, I'm sure she cares about you and your FI and the fact that you are getting married, but not everyone wants to hear about wedding details all the time. Is she single or not yet engaged? She could be a little jealous...not in the catty way, but just that you're so happy and on your way to being married and she's not. I know if I was single and my friend was constantly gushing over being in love and wedding plans, I might get a little bummed about not being able to have those same feelings.

Just let her know that it hurts your feelings when she shoots down your ideas. Does she offer any other suggestions or reason as to why she doesn't like them? Tell her that you want her to be involved and would like to know if there's something she would enjoy doing with you. She may not want to pick out flowers but maybe she'd want to offer song suggestions.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards