DC

Hair and Makeup

Hi Brides!  I'm desperate to find hair and makeup people for my wedidng day.  Does anyone have any suggestions of good people??

Re: Hair and Makeup

• edited December 2011

I would highly recommend Jody Rusnak.  We used her for onsite hair and makeup at our wedding back in Sept 2008.  I am VERY picky when it comes to hair and especially when it comes to makeup...I had contacted a bunch of hair &/or makeup people & had done a number of disappointing trials before I finally found her.  IMO Jody is by far the best!  She is so wonderful to work with and her prices are very reasonable.  With her help, I was definitely able to acheive the look I had wanted.  Also, not only did she do my hair & makeup, but my bridesmaid's, my mom's, and my MIL's as well...Everyone loved her and looked amazing.  

• razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also interested, can you give us her contact info?!
  • psmith1216psmith1216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Carla Pressley for hair and makeup - she's awesome and she does my color (she works at PR @ Partners in Tysons).  I loved my trial and I'm getting married next weekend if you want pictures (she is also doing my bridesmaids and Moms).  Let me know if you would like her contact information - I booked her early in 2009 so she is charging me those prices - not sure what her 2010 price list is.

GL!
  • smsky444smsky444 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Carla Ligon-Miller and she was absolutely wonderful.  She came to my hotel and did both my hair and make-up.  I can honestly say that I have never felt more beautiful or glamorous - she did an amazing job.  Three of my bridesmaids also had their make-up done and again, they all looked beautiful.  I highly, highly recommend her.  You can check out her website at http://CLMmakeup.com
  • edited December 2011
    I used Trish Langley with My Mobiel Salon. She is amazing! 703-856-2617.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi ladies!  Jody does a great deal of work for the high fashion/commercial photography industry...Probably one of the reasons she is so ridiculously good!..  Back in 2008, it was my experience that she was not the easiest person to find contact info for since she is not listed as a vendor on most of the wedding sites.  However, she was definitely the easiest person to work with and get in touch with once I was finally able to find a way to contact her (not to mention extremely willing to accomadate a brides busy schedule). 
    Anyways, I was originally able to get in touch with Jody via the Milton Ridge website:

http://www.miltonridge.com

If you click on "Services" and then "Makeup and Hair" you will find her.

Also, I put a call into Jody this afternoon and if you're interested, I can provide you with her direct email address/contact numbers (which depending on the time frame before your big day may be a better situation).  If you would like to go that route & have me provide that information to you directly, please either reply with your email address or email me directly kolcunjohnmegan@yahoo.com.  I would be more than happy to send you her info (and if you like,  some better pictures of her work...IMHO the "before & after" pic on the Milton Ridge website does not do her justice at all...she is soooo much better! :-)
  • edited December 2011

Sorry for the redundant post response...If you would like to get in touch with Jody Rusnak, please email her at the following address:
    jodyrusnak@comcast.net

GL & best wishes ladies!!!!   :-) 

• katiehendrixkatiehendrix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Kelli Fink and I am so excited! Kelli has done my hair and make-up as a bridesmaid in other weddings and I am so excited that she had my date available. She has done so many of my friends weddings that at this point, the day would not feel complete with out her and her team there!! She is SO funny and I have never felt more beautiful. You will love the way you look, trust me! I didnt want to drive to her Maryland studio, so I was able to book a consultation at the salon she works at (Bang, on U Street) She used to live in Charlottesville Virginia and jsut came back so I can FINALLY get her to do my highlights too. She is a HAIR GODDESS!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards