Pre-wedding Parties

prewedding parties

Can I give a pre-wedding party inviting couples (friends of the bride and groom's parents) that are not invited to the wedding and include the gift registry list?

Re: prewedding parties

• AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope.

But you could just have a plain old party for friends of the couple that has nothing to do with the wedding or registries :)
  • edited December 2011
    If you invite them to the pre-wedding parties, they should be invited to the wedding as well.
  • duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No.  Anyone invited to pre-wedding parties must be invited to the wedding.  The only exception to this rule is work showers.

And, it is appropriate to include any info on registeries on any invitations other than the shower. 
  • duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_prewedding-parties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:60cdc2fc-cd0e-4312-90ab-787caa89ab6cPost:9af5d782-bde9-416e-99a2-05fc6f82b8ee">Re: prewedding parties</a>:
    [QUOTE]And, it is appropriate to include any info on registeries on any invitations other than the shower. Duckie meant to say that it is INappropriate to include registry info on any invitations other than the shower invite.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

oops.  Yes, yes I did.  Thanks stage.
  • shlittertootsshlittertoots member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a pre-wedding party (we're calling it a pre-ception) and inviting all my coworkers(men and women) and his coworkers...we want to include them somehow (since they all know about the wedding).  But there is no way we can invite everyone due to size constraints (our venue's capacity is only 100 people) and a limited budget.  We're providing food and beer, and requesting that no one brings gifts...I hope that no one is offended, but now I'm paranoid after reading this post. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_prewedding-parties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:60cdc2fc-cd0e-4312-90ab-787caa89ab6cPost:f121ae8e-ae0d-4695-a0b6-eb501f863000">Re: prewedding parties</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having a pre-wedding party (we're calling it a pre-ception) and inviting all my coworkers(men and women) and his coworkers...we want to include them somehow (since they all know about the wedding).  But there is no way we can invite everyone due to size constraints (our venue's capacity is only 100 people) and a limited budget.  We're providing food and beer, and requesting that no one brings gifts...I hope that no one is offended, but now I'm paranoid after reading this post. 
    Posted by mayaruth81[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, that's not a very good idea.  You don't throw yourself pre-wedding parties for one.  Besides that, the work shower exception is for when your co-workers throw you a shower in the conference room at work, not for you to invite them to a party.  </div><div>
    </div><div>You should never mention gifts at all, but this is going to come with the expectation that they bring a gift, even if you say not to.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Besides that, if you can afford to entertain these people in another event, you could have afforded to cut back your wedding and invite them to the whole thing if they were important enough.  Another reception for second string guests is going to go over like a turd in the punch bowl.  </div>
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto MyNameIsNot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards