Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

How do guests say "yes" or "no"...

I'm struggling with the wording on my RSVPs...The sample has "will attend" and "will not attend" as the two answers guests can choose. I've also seen examples that have "graciously accepts" and "regretfully declines." Will/will not attend seems sort of clinical and impersonal to me, but on the other hand, I don't necessarily want to presume the emotional states of my guest with the graciously and regretfully. My FI thinks we could maybe combine the two by having "will attend" and "regretfully declines" as the options, but I'm just not sure. Any thoughts or suggestions on this? What did you put on your RSVPs?
Anniversary

Re: How do guests say "yes" or "no"...

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2013

Fancy wording is not necessary. I think you're overthinking this.

Please respond by June 1st

M_______________________________

____ Accepts

____ Declines

Please initial meal choices

____ Chicken ____ Steak ____ Vegetarian

• Options
    Ours say: 

Please reply by April 10, 2013

M_____________________________________

___ Can't wait to party
    ___ Can't make it

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_how-do-guests-say-yes-or-no?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:39037543-1b8a-49cf-9fb2-5a48fa085cebPost:9043f654-c11c-41f2-be28-b4a39c8187ad">How do guests say "yes" or "no"...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm struggling with the wording on my RSVPs...The sample has "will attend" and "will not attend" as the two answers guests can choose. I've also seen examples that have "graciously accepts" and "regretfully declines." Will/will not attend seems sort of clinical and impersonal to me, but on the other hand,<strong> I don't necessarily want to presume the emotional states of my guest with the graciously and regretfully.</strong> My FI thinks we could maybe combine the two by having "will attend" and "regretfully declines" as the options, but I'm just not sure. Any thoughts or suggestions on this? What did you put on your RSVPs?
    Posted by MayberryAfterMidnight[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

I used will attend/will not attend.  Accepts/declines is also very commonly used.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I don't even remember what ours said, honestly. You are definitely overthinking this!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    Ours says "joyfully accepts" and "regretfully declines".
  • Options
    Ours say accepts / declines. Keep it simple.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Yep, you're probably right - I'm overthinking this... I think we'll keep it simple afterall and just go with "accepts" and "declines."
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards