New York-Upstate

Dresses

Hi All,
I'm new here and was wondering where in the Saratoga/Albany area there are places to find wedding dresses. I'm not going traditional white or ivory. I was thinking more like a silver(ish) or color somewhere on the dress. Winter wedding. Any ideas??

Thanks Laughing

Re: Dresses

• edited December 2011
    Jocelyn's bridal in the Clifton Country Mall (I hope its still there....), has a great selection. 
  • edited December 2011
    Also Danielle's bridal boutique on 75 weibel ave in saratoga. I haven't personally been there, but I heard its good
  • edited December 2011
    I heard that Something Blue Bridal in Saratoga is really good.
    Good luck!
  • mm133123mm133123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved something blue in Saratoga, but, they did not have a big selection.  I found my dress at Angela's Bridal in Guilderland, and had a great experience there as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MissyCeeMissyCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Danielle's in Saratoga in nice though when I went they were very unorganized. They had me try on dresses in their back room because their dressing rooms were full. No one helps you get into the dresses. I had family with me so they helped me with everything. I didn't mind it so much because there wasn't someone pressuring me to buy a dress right away.

I ended up buying my dress at David's Bridal in the Albany area. They have such a huge selection and their prices are SO good. I also got the bridesmaid dresses there as well as my mother's and grandmother's dresses (they give you a 10% discount on any other dresses you buy). I have to say that the staff was really fantastic and everything came in very quickly!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • aral2003aral2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been happy with Ferri Formals in Schenectady.  I bought my gown there and my mother and bridesmaids found their dresses there as well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AutunmskyAutunmsky member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lilly's Bridal in Downtown Saratoga is amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-upstate_dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:124Discussion:00963b17-0973-4f88-8f68-10f35605b0c2Post:730da022-2c2c-43aa-96ed-52f6e5bdff3d">Re: Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been happy with Ferri Formals in Schenectady.  I bought my gown there and my mother and bridesmaids found their dresses there as well. 
    Posted by aral2003[/QUOTE]

I also purchased my dress there.  They are great.
    September 2011 *September Siggy Challenge*: Color Inspiration Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone.
  • edited December 2011

I was thrilled with Danielle's in Saratoga. Great people to work with. They do not book appointments so it is first come first serve. I suggest going on a week day as the weekends are obviously busier. Good prices too.

Good luck!

TTC the journey begins October 2011 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards