Indiana
Options

Bakers in Lafayette/Crawfordsville Area

My FI and I are getting married in May at his brother's farm in New Richmond.  We both just recently moved to Lafayette, so we don't know much about the vendors in the area.

We were thinking about The Yellow Bowl (their flavor list sounds AMAZING!) but I read a review by a woman who's friend got a call from them canceling 10 days before her wedding (AND they kept the deposit).  So I'm a little wary now.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or had a good experience with The Yellow Bowl?
Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Bakers in Lafayette/Crawfordsville Area

• Options
    vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    O'Rears Pastry
    http://orears-pastryshop.com/
    I've only heard of them as a sponsor for one of the radio stations, I'm not sure of their quality or anything. 
  • Options
    sclamssclams member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know Baker's Peak in West Lafayette makes really good birthday cake, but I'm not sure if they do traditional wedding cakes. I plan on calling them once I start looking for bakers!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another one is Mawmaw's Sweet Shop (not sure about the spelling). They're on the corner of 26 and Creasy behind Christina's. I haven't bought anything, but I've seen photos of their wedding cakes, and they look nice.
  • Options
    schuette2schuette2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kelly's Cakes did ours, and the cake not only looked amazing, but there was hardly any left by the end of the night, and we had everyone telling us how good it was. I'll have to find her info if you want it, but she does awesome work and is very friendly.
    Anniversary
    PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    LaurenAsh23LaurenAsh23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard a thing bad about Yellow Bowl, so I am surprised to hear the story you posted. If you have never had their cupcakes-just go try them, they are to die for!! But all of the other bakers listed above are great too. I've lived in Lafayette my whole life-I love O'Rears, Bakers Peak is very good also. I have never had Mamaw's but have heard great things about them. And to tell you the truth-even Meijer's here in Lafayette has great cakes. They will fill them with fruits and puddings. I've never seen what they can do with tiers, but I know they taste great!! 

Hope that helps, and wasn't too confusing! 
    TTC since January 2012. Me: 24 & DH: 30

DH SA (1/21/13) is perfect! 1st RE appt set for 1/30/13

BFP on 1/26/13! EDD is 10/5/13! 1st appt at 5w6d and diagnosed high risk due to high BP. Put on meds. 1st Ultrasound scheduled for 2/22/13. Blighted ovum At 7w6d D&C 2/26/13 Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards