Chit Chat

Rehersal in my back yard?

ok, we are getting married in a state park, and if you go into the state park, you have to pay $5 per person, and it's also 45 mins away from my house to get there, but I want to actually rehearse at my rehearsal, but my mother is insistant that it's not necisary to go all the way out there for the rehearsal, and she wants to have it in our back yard... I mean, at the site, there will be stairs, and we need to figure out where everyone will stand to wait, I mean, there are logistics that I think need to be worked out, but she didn't have a rehearsal, or a traditional wedding, so I feel like she doesn't understand, am I wrong?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Rehersal in my back yard?

• I would try to have it at the actual ceremony site. Maybe you could only have the absolutely necessary people show up and no one else (anyone else you want there could meet up for the dinner)...to save people a few bucks.
  • My rehearsal will be in my driveway.  I wouldn't be able to have my rehearsal any closer than the Thursday prior to my wedding.  My WP is all OOT so we'll do it in my driveway the day before.  It's not a big deal.  People know to walk towards the alter or to the front.
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2010
    I was maid of honor in a wedding a few years ago where we couldn't practice at the wedding site.

We practiced in a hotel conference room.  It was not a big deal.  The next day, we got to the wedding site, and I had to stand somewhere slightly different than practiced.  A few points, a quick chat, and everyone understood.  And yes, we had stairs at the wedding site. 

Please don't incovience people.  I went to a wedding over the summer where the bride had people come in on Thursday evening for the Saturday wedding because you couldn't practice in the actual chapel on Friday evening.  We drove ten hours for a ten minute rehersal.  After the rehersal was over, even the bride realized that practicing at the actual venue wasn't worth the extra inconvience.

• You'll be fine just running through it in your backyard.  I was in a wedding last July where one of the BMs and GMs didn't make it for the rehearsal and we just told them what to do right before we walked down the aisle.  It's not that complicated. 

Where are you having the dinner?  Are you holding it wherever you decide to do the rehearsal or some place else?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • the dinner is going to be at my parents house(my house at the moment), they are always trying to save money
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_rehersal-back-yard?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:04c40b4e-20a3-4b41-a47e-8489c655027aPost:1d759720-8d52-44ae-b1ce-448a2e5528c2">Re: Rehersal in my back yard?</a>:
    [QUOTE]the dinner is going to be at my parents house(my house at the moment), they are always trying to save money
    Posted by FutureMrsTowns[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it would work out perfectly to do the rehearsal there as well.  Saves everyone 1.5 hours of driving.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • I agree with PP.  Maybe you could have a small group go with the officiant to work out logistics.  Everyone else will fall into place.  Good luck!
  • If its something you're concerned about maybe you can check it out on your own or with whoever's walking you down the aisle before the rehearsal dinner, that way your minds at ease & you arent dragging people across town & making them pay $5 for something that will be quick. Then just run it through in the back yard. That's what we're doing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards