Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Save the Date/Invite Question

I'm sure this has been asked before but does anyone have any advice on when to send out  STD's & invites? How soon should they go out for a DW? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

Re: Save the Date/Invite Question

• Options
    I always thought it was as soon as you have figured out your destination and time. We sent ours pretty much exactly 1 year before the wedding to give everyone a chance to save up money.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I think when you have all the information your guests need in order to make plans to go. I don't think any time is too early, some people may need advanced notice to take off work. My cousin is having a DW in Colorado in June and she sent hers in November, that was actually too late for my FI to request the time off from work. He has to have his requests in by the September of the year before....he works for the Federal govt which makes it so hard for us to plan anything.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    We sent our STDs out one year before our wedding. We just sent out our invites because our RSVP deadline is June 15, which is four months before the wedding which is somewhat early but something our resort requires.
    ~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It all depends on how much notice you want to give your guests. For more information on this question, see our Q&A at the top of the board. We sent out our STD at 1 year and our invitations at 8 months. We were going to send them later, but ppl started booking without having the information they needed and had to send them out sooner. 
  • Options
    I would send the STD as soon as you have the booking information figured out. This way you can include your wedding website on the STD where guests can get booking info. Then I would base the invite on when you need to have everyone booked by. I would give yourself a two week window too of people who do not RSVP in time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am getting married Sept 22/12
    I sent out my STDs one year out, Sept 2011.
    I am sending my Invites out either end of June or early July.
  • Options

I'm also sending out STDs 1 year ahead (just received them in the mail this morning actually!!). Our wedding is May 2013. We want to allow our guests time to save so they can come with us. Our invites will be in December.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good information, thank you everyone! You're all so helpful
     I was thinking about a year (which I am now past but still close enough) because I wanted to give people time to save & plan.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards