Pennsylvania-Central
Options

State College Rehearsal Dinner Places

So, FI REALLY wants an outdoor picnic-like rehearsal dinner.  The problem: no parks in Centre County allow any kind of alcohol (and, really, who doesn't like a beer with their bbq?).  Neither of us are local, so we can't really do it in a backyard.

Does anyone know of any other outdoorsy places (even private property) that we can rent?  Bonus if we don't have to rent tent/tables/chairs, too.  TIA!

Re: State College Rehearsal Dinner Places

• Options
    msc233msc233 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tussey Mountain does have picnics.  They also do weddings and catering and I know they have a liquor license.  You would have to contact them about whether you could have alcohol at a picnic.  But they have nice indoor/outdoor places.

We are also doing our wedding in State College, and aren't local. We just went to do our tasting and flower mock ups this past weekend. 

Tussey mountain's website is http://www.tusseymountain.com/
               - Melanie

Edit:  Now that I checked out your wedding website I realized we are having our receptions at the same place in the same room!

TTC since 05/10

Dx: PCOS,Hypothyroidism, Endometriosis, elevated prolactin

Surgery: Laproscopy 12/15/11 to remove Endo, 8/12/11 to remove 7cm cyst and cauterize 4cm cyst

April 2011 - Clomid 50 mg round 3 - O'd CD 18 BFP 5/2 C/P 5/10

RE Consult 06/02/11, Sonohystogram - clear, DH SA - great! HSG all Clear.

Meet up with RE for plan of attack 10/25: 2 natural rounds and then onto clomid

CD 21 BW shows poor ovulation, November 2011 Clomid 50 mg round 4 - BFP on 11/30 Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're also doing an outdoor BBQ rehearsal dinner (Clem's!) but having it in a friend's backyard.  Do you have any friends or family in State College that would be willing to host for you?  If not, I would say your best bet would be looking into some local Bed and Breakfasts with nice outdoor spaces - like Earlystown Manor in Boalsburg, Walnut Acres in Bellefonte.  You might also try Tussey Mountain Ski Lodge.
  • Options
    lil sunshinelil sunshine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking about having my ceremony/reception at the inn at walnut acres. just recently engaged and haven't even begun looking into details yet, but they may be able to offer what you're looking for :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the suggestions!

msc233 - We looked into Tussy are are booking it!
  • Options
    msc233msc233 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were very much considering Tussey before we went in and saw the room at Toftree's. Between the view and the indoor/outdoor space there we decided to go with them.  Plus the wedding coordinator came very highly recommended.

Tussey is beautiful in the summer.  It will be a great place for the picnic!

TTC since 05/10

Dx: PCOS,Hypothyroidism, Endometriosis, elevated prolactin

Surgery: Laproscopy 12/15/11 to remove Endo, 8/12/11 to remove 7cm cyst and cauterize 4cm cyst

April 2011 - Clomid 50 mg round 3 - O'd CD 18 BFP 5/2 C/P 5/10

RE Consult 06/02/11, Sonohystogram - clear, DH SA - great! HSG all Clear.

Meet up with RE for plan of attack 10/25: 2 natural rounds and then onto clomid

CD 21 BW shows poor ovulation, November 2011 Clomid 50 mg round 4 - BFP on 11/30 Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    bmb5009bmb5009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Ramada Conference Center in State College has an outdoor pavilion next to the outdoor pool that is available to rent.  You would have to purchase all food and beverage from them but it's all very affordable and they take care of everything for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards