New York-Western

Ceremony at the Millennium Hotel!?! Help...

I have my ceremony and reception booked at the Millennium..I went the other day to check out the ceremony area again for ideas, etc and was very disappointed in how dirty, noisy and smelly it was! Has anyone had their ceremony there or been to one there? I'm not sure if I should book the ceremony elsewhere now!?

Re: Ceremony at the Millennium Hotel!?! Help...

• We are having our reception there next Saturday (in the courtyard). I know for sure that during your ceremony the pool area is closed, so hopefully noise shouldn't be an issue. The fountains in there also make noise but we were able to request they be on the "Low" setting during or reception and you can have them shut off for the ceremony. The downside is that regardless you may be able to smell the pool, but the few times I have been there it hasn't been horrible. I know that room gets a lot of traffic in it but from all the people I have spoken w/ that have been to events there they had great things to say. Part of their setup process is cleaning to my knowledge from speaking w/ the catering manager so I would think things would be okay. Not sure if you did change the ceremony if they'd still charge you for it? HTH
  • I take it you mean the courtyard?

Our wedding as at the Millennium, but I didn't care for the courtyard for the ceremony at all. You have other options. Didn't Michael or Christine go over that with you? I'm using a third of the ballroom for my ceremony, and two thirds for the reception. There's another small room that's a possibility too. Just call and see what can be arranged.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

White Knot

• Agreed w/ PP - they will set up whatever you need for the reception. Our reception was amazing and the staff was beyond helpful and accomodating even with unexpected guests showing up. I can't say enough good things about them. I believe the small room the PP is talking about is their restaurant, Waldens, which they close down for private parties as well.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_ceremony-at-the-millennium-hotel-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:45fa7cfe-d4ef-4c5c-bac6-dbaefb7a06fbPost:8366aea2-106e-40ff-99c2-26d5dd126fea">Re: Ceremony at the Millennium Hotel!?! Help...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Agreed w/ PP - they will set up whatever you need for the reception. Our reception was amazing and the staff was beyond helpful and accomodating even with unexpected guests showing up. I can't say enough good things about them. I believe the small room the PP is talking about is their restaurant, Waldens, which they close down for private parties as well.
    Posted by cgielow[/QUOTE]

I'm using 1/3 of the ballroom for ceremony, and 2/3 for reception.

We asked about having the ceremony in Waldens, but that's the one thing that's a little tricky I gather, because you're closing down the hotel restaurant, so you possibly can't have that AND the ballroom. But there's a small room right *next* to Waldens you can use. Or try something like we're doing. The important part is, they'll work with you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

White Knot

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards