Hawaii
Options

WC/planning trip questions

Hey all, 
   Sorry to be away for a while.  We're visiting FI's parents and drove down to New York for some sight seeing, so internet wasn't great ($$ for data plans) and we were too busy sightseeing anyway.  However, we did just find a sweet deal to Hawaii for August, so we're now doing a planning trip down there in a few weeks!!
   What I'm wondering is what to ask the Banquet Coordinator at the hotel when we have our meeting.  We're at the Outrigger Reef, and they had a package that included everything (flowers, officiant, guitarist, location and reception, etc.).  We can use what they have on site or add to it if and where we would like.  I'm hoping to plan this wedding almost completely while were there, so can you please give me ideas on what to talk about with the banquet coordinator while we're there??  We've already started a list, but I'm sure I'm missing tons of stuff, so I'll take any and all advice.  Thanks ladies!!

Re: WC/planning trip questions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY!  Planning trips are exciting.  :)  Make sure you take some time to enjoy the trip too.  Here's what I might suggest you add to your list:

- Tasting dinner while there
    - Cake tasting
    - Viewing of ceremony locations, backup locations for rain, sample walkthrough (where chairs go, where you face, etc)
    - Viewing of all possible banquet locations
    - Pricing for add-ons, including additional delivery fees
    - Any special needs for your group (eg, wheelchair access)
    - Meal options and pricing -- including kids, vegetarian, etc
    - Open bar / liquor pricing
    - Do they allow / distribute / charge for welcome bags?
    - Any other rules they have (party end time, DJ position, etc)
    - First look locations (if you're doing this)
    - Options on site for welcome / rehearsal dinner, brunch the next day (if you are hosting these)
    - Hotel discounts for local island activities
    - Discounts for your room, any comp'd bridal suite with early access to get dressed, guest rooms

I'm sure the other ladies have more to add!
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sorry - wrong post!

Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards