Iowa-Des Moines

centerpiece ideas

Hi all,
     I am getting married in early September.  I am struggeling with centerpice ideas.  We don't have a huge budget and I am not against DIY stuff.  We are getting married outside and on a golf course.  Our reception is at the same location.  Our colors are blue and orange and we are thinking orange daisies or orange cala lilies for flowers.  I am not agains using golf balls/tees in the centerpieces but I don't want them to be the overwhelming theme.  I was also thinking of growing and using wheat grass and possibly pin wheeles (do you think it is too late in the year for pin wheeles?).
Any ideas are greatly appriciated!!  thank you

Re: centerpiece ideas

• What are you colors?! I'm thinking of ideas, but it would be easier with colors!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • our colors are bright blue and orange and I was thinking of a green or white just as a little accent.  the bridesmaids will wear blue dresses and the groomsmens vests are orange
  • Sounds super cute. I'll be back in a bit with some ideas!
    Anniversary
  • Can you order bright blue golf tees?  Maybe fill a clear vase (from the dollar tree) with those and some orange daises.  Or instead of the flowers, you can put a couple of orange pinwheels in the vase.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I love the Pin Wheel idea, here are some that I found you could do these, and then in the pot put gold tee's or something like that!!

Anniversary
  • I made blue tissue paper pomanders and put them on top of tall vases.  I also did submerged orchids in 3 tiered cylinder vases.  They were both easy to make/do and pretty inexpensive.  I have more details about them in my blog. 

I also like the golf tees and daisy idea that froggie suggested.
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards