New Hampshire
Options

Alterations question

How much did yours cost? Or what is your quote for? I'm trying to get a feel for how much alterations cost.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
290image Made the Cut!!
175image Are Ready to Party!!
56image Are Party Poopers!!
59image Still Checking the Calendar!!

Re: Alterations question

• Options
    Lilac++Lilac++ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $125 for hem, bustle and putting cups in [ETA: and pressing it too] at Dressmaking by Dolly. She also took in the sides a little the week before since it was too loose and didn't charge me extra for it. I paid her $140 at the end and she didn't want to accept the extra, but finally did.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My two favorite cats!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine done at Modern Bride, and I think it was $200-ish.  I got a hem, straps shortened, cups in, and side seams let out.  This also included a press.  It was a bit more than I wanted to spend, but my mother really wanted them done there (for whatever reason!).
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The quote I got was $350....I guess that's steep? I have a super heavily beaded bodice and it needs to be taken in a lot...do you think that's why?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    290image Made the Cut!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If there is a lot of beading, that will have something to do with it.  Is there anything else you're getting done?  It wouldn't hurt to call around and get some other quotes.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having it shortened and pressed...that's included in the cost. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    290image Made the Cut!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had mine shortened (both the satin underlayer and then the beaded chiffon overlay, had a french bustle added, and also my crinoline shortened and it cost 240 including the pressing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting mine done at Dressmaking by Dolly...I don't know what I need done yet, but she's doing everything for $125.00. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards