Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Hair and Extensions for wedding recs

Can you recommend your hairstylist for the wedding do? I am looking for someone REALLY good that can add extensions for length only. Also if you can advice how much it cost for your wedding day hair and what it included that would be great! thanks!

Re: Hair and Extensions for wedding recs

• Options
    danielle0789danielle0789 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister in law is a hair stylist. She put extensions in my hair(150 of them) but she didnt charge me anything. She said her price usually is about $1,000.000. She works at Star Impressions in Burleson. Let me know if you want her contact info.

P.S. Shes been doing hair for about 15 years, so she knows what shes doing.
  • Options
    danielle0789danielle0789 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and by the way, your gonna want them in your hair 2-4 weeks before your wedding. All the extra weight on your head will make you have a headache for the first few days. Depending on how many your gonna get, you could be sitting there for around 3 hours.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good heavens--$1k??

I bought $80 clip-in extensions at Sally's and had my MUA put them in.  They looked great.  I loved my MUA (Kristin Colaneri) but she has minimums for weddings and just doing hair would not meet it.  She does however provide extensions also.

For my lingerie shower, I just took my Sally's extensions to Aveda and had them put in for $60 (PIB).  I also use a guy named Chi at Toni&Guy at Northpark--I used him for my E-pics which you can also view in my planning bio.  He was $64 I think.

Another MUA I considered using for the wedding who I know also provides extensions is Mitzi Merritt.  I think hers start around $130. 

Of course, these are just clip in extensions not permanent ones.  I considered permanent ones for the wedding and HM but couldn't afford it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing what Stephie did. My MUA - Erin Blair Gobin - suggested them.  She told me to take them to my hair colorist and he is going to highlight them to match my color (if you get the good ones, it's real hair so you can mess with the color).  They were about $85 and as Stephie said, they clip in. Erin just puts them in on the wedding day. She charges $75 for hair and I am not sure if there is a minimum but I am paying $140 for hair and makeup. Hope that helps!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Wagner a word of caution--I tried highlighting the extensions but it didn't work, even though it was human hair.  So I tweaked my own color to match the extensions.  Make sure your colorist works with the test strip first.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards