Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Semi WR: Swimsuits for trip?

I need a little help. Just to give a frame of reference, I've been working on getting into better shape. I've gone from a 22 to a 16 and am still working. I'm very proud of my new body but the thought of a swim suit still panics me. I'm def not ready for bikinis but also don't want one of those frumpy suits with the skirts that they stick all plus size women in.

I found this cute retro suit but I can't decide if it's cute or not.
http://www.modcloth.com/Womens/Swimwear/-Beach-Blanket-Bingo-One-Piece-Plus-Size

I need reinforcement or better ideas lol. You ladies have great taste so I thought to ask you first!
Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio

Re: Semi WR: Swimsuits for trip?

• Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2011
    Ahaha! I one that's VERY similar. I got it from target and it was way cheaper. I'll see if they still have it.

It also has a removable halter strap, which I had taken off at this point. This is from last summer at the Bahamas! Excuse my sun burn and CRAZY hair!

In short-- Yes! It's cute!

ETA: Here's the target link and it looks like the XL is the same measurements as the 16 at modcloth and less than half the price. http://www.target.com/Merona-Polka-Dot-Bandeau-Shirred-Swimsuit/dp/B003BMKKYK/ref=sc_qi_detaillink
  • Options
    I think that is really cute.  I love the vintage style suits.  I think they have a very "classy" apparence. 
  • Options
    I think it's adorable, I'd totally wear it! I think the rouching on the sides would be flattering too.
  • Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!  

I think that suit is super cute.   but before you buy, why dont you head over to ruelala and check out the miraclesuit boutique.  i just bought a new suit.  retails for $140 and i got it for $70.   They have cool prints, rouching, and different shilouettes.   and, its a sucker inner!  lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_semi-wr-swimsuits-trip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:7bf15593-b89f-4352-8a2b-053e54a5dca0Post:f6c6d998-bb4b-412d-a938-9a4a9b1b39c0">Re: Semi WR: Swimsuits for trip?</a>:
    [QUOTE]CONGRATS!!!!!   I think that suit is super cute.   but before you buy, why dont you head over to ruelala and check out the miraclesuit boutique.  i just bought a new suit.  retails for $140 and i got it for $70.   They have cool prints, rouching, and different shilouettes.   and, its a sucker inner!  lol
    Posted by nessi979[/QUOTE]

<div>Great recommendation! </div><div>
    </div><div>Also, I forgot to put this in my first post-- congrats! That's a huge accomplishment and you have a lot to be proud of :D</div>
  • Options
    CUTE! I love the retro bathing suits. I have one very similar I got at Old Navy, but it's pink. 
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I didn't even think to check target! I shop there all the time but I guess I'm not used to being to shop in the regular section of clothes yet lol I might go ahead and order it. I'll also check out ruelala. I'm thinking I'll take 3 suits for 5 days. I don't swim but def want to log some pool side and beach time. Ps thanks for the congrats! It's been a major life style change so I'm hoping to even drop a couple more sizes.
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    Congrats!!! Love it!!!

Check out VS for the one pieces too, they have some super super cute ones too!  It's all about how you feel in the suit, so I would get something local like target or old navy so you know and don't have to pay for shipping.
  • Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_semi-wr-swimsuits-trip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:7bf15593-b89f-4352-8a2b-053e54a5dca0Post:ccd6b8e1-1dbb-4bc8-b609-bc91d12b3a2a">Re: Semi WR: Swimsuits for trip?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't even think to check target! I shop there all the time but I guess I'm not used to being to shop in the regular section of clothes yet lol I might go ahead and order it. I'll also check out ruelala. I'm thinking I'll take 3 suits for 5 days. I don't swim but def want to log some pool side and beach time. Ps thanks for the congrats! It's been a major life style change so I'm hoping to even drop a couple more sizes.
    Posted by Miracle520[/QUOTE]

<div>Definitely take a look! And if you buy something online because they don't have it in the store if you don't like it you can return it to the store :)</div><div>
    </div><div>But yeah, I bought that suit in the black & white polka dot and the cobalt blue. I will probably get more in other colors. I have an awesome rib tattoo and I decided that rather than showing it off in a bikini and having it fade, I'd rather wear a cute one piece and keep the colors looking bright :) Especially since it hurt so damn bad I have NO interest in getting it retouched.</div>
  • Options
    Congrats!  And I think those suits are super cute.  I would also check MAcy's if you have one by you.  I tried on one similar to that by CocoRave that was a black and white plaid and ADORABLE!!!!  They have a huge suit selection at my Macy's.

Umm....Brea.......I wanna see your rib tattooLaughing
  • Options
    I love it! My favorite suit from the trip was my black and white polka dot one!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_semi-wr-swimsuits-trip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:7bf15593-b89f-4352-8a2b-053e54a5dca0Post:03e7267e-3853-451f-a495-b00f3f8fa82a">Re: Semi WR: Swimsuits for trip?</a>:
    [QUOTE]CUTE! I love the retro bathing suits. I have one very similar I got at Old Navy, but it's pink. 
    Posted by kimmykupcakes[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I got the pink polka dot one from Old Navy also! I love mine.</div>
  • Options
    adorable!! I love the retro- rockabily outfits and swimsuits
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards