Interfaith Weddings

Non-Religious Couples' Retreat?

Have you and your husband/Fi ever been on a couples retreat? My Fi and I would like to do pre-marital counseling of some sort, but everything we've found is either religiously based (and we're not "religious" per say), is meant for large groups, or is just an hour or so a week in a stuffy office. I've found a few ideas for things that could fit what we're looking for, but I was just wondering if anyone else had any other resources. 

One site I've found that seemed perfect for our needs/wants is a married couple in Vermont and you and your SO spend a few hours a day with them (2-on-2) discussing things normal "counseling sessions" would include, except this is much more intimate. You meet in their home and you do planned activities with this couple and apart from them. I think this is totally great, but it costs $5,000 and we can't really afford it. Does anyone know of any other resources like this?

www.marriagequest.org

or

www.lifemarriageretreats.com
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Visit Military.weddings.com

image 155 Invited
image 102 Attending
image 40 Regrets
image 13 Awaiting Reply
RSVP Date: March 11

Re: Non-Religious Couples' Retreat?

• edited December 2011
    Whoa! 

I am in the same boat as you, but 5,000 seems exorbitantly overpriced.  I would immediately wonder if that couple was legit.  What's to stop just any couple from touting themselves as marriage experts, taking your money, and making off like bandits? 

Just be careful.  I think premarital counseling in a secular context is a great idea.  But that price tag seems really high. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards