Snarky Brides
Options

:(

Just need to whine about something that is completely not a big deal for a minute.

My e-ring was too big (can't blame FI, if he had asked what size I was I would have told him 6.5 and that's what he got) so we took it in to get re-sized last Thursday. The store said they'd have it back to me by this Saturday (the 19th).

We live in Chicago but are getting married up in Wisconsin, where we are both from. This weekend we're going up to go to a late holiday party, and while we're there doing a lot of wedding stuff (I'm going dress shopping, we're meeting w/ photographers, etc). I was hoping my ring would be ready early so I could get it before we leave tomorrow, but we called today and it doesn't sound like it will be. I'm just bummed that I'm going to be doing all this stuff, especially trying on dresses, without my bling :(

I have an old ring I'm wearing right now because my finger felt too weird without one, but it's not the same.

Re: :(

• Options
    Oh that's a bummer. I had to turn my ring in to get the setting tightened and I felt odd without it.
  • Options
    Aw, it'll be okay, I promise, Have fun!!!
  • Options

I've had to get my ring sized a few times! I could've sworn I was a 6 3/4, but I've gone down to a 5 1/4 now. The jeweler told me one more sizing and I'll need a whole new ring recasted. I feel your pain and can so sympathize. Just imagine that getting it sized is WAY better than heaven forbid ever losing it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I was going to say "first world problem" but I am not really that mean. :-) 

I can understand that you wanted to show everyone your ring, but maybe you turn this into a positive situation and brag about how beastiful your ring is and how great your finance is for getting it for you. I know that is not much of a consolation but this is what you have to deal with, so turn it around and make it a happy situation.
    NeedWeddingFavors.com - A blog of wedding favors
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards