Rhode Island
Options

Admiral Dewey Inn

I'm running into a dilemma trying to find places to stay for my grooms family.  They are coming in from Ohio, and need for rooms and really want to stay at the same place.  All of the bed and breakfasts that they have called don't have enough space.  His mom found the Admiral Dewey Inn online, and is worried because it doesn't have A.C.  It is really close to the ocean, so the owner said that the ocean breeze keeps it cool enough.  I looked up reviews online, and there are a lot of great ones, but also some stating how the owner is very rude and unpleasant and ruins the experience.

Does anyone know anything about it, or have any other suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Admiral Dewey Inn

• Options
    KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

It's a short drive from Narragansett, but there's an almost-brand-new Hampton Inn up at South County Commons on Route 1. Where is your reception?

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=NPTSKHX

Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if it will come up in searches, but I'm almost positive that someone posted reviews about their block with the Admiral Dewey Inn for a summer wedding last year.

Have you tried using the search function to see if anything comes up?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have tried the search function, and I haven't found anything.  I suggested the Hampton to them as well, but they want to spend less $$$.  IDK- I guess I can't worry about it too much!
  • Options
    mommasocomommasoco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What if they rented a house for the weekend...sometimes with a larger family, that may be the best  way to go....my FI family is coming down from Maine & are planning on doing that....just a thought :)
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards