Plus-Sized

Favor HELP!!!

Ok, so FI and I are getting married in Hawaii.  Our reception is 3 weeks later, when we get back to Ohio.
Our original thought was to purchase shell leis while we were in Hawaii (They are quite cheap over there), and tie a small peice of ribbon in our colors to the lei with the date and our names printed on it.  This was going to be used as our favor.  However, after reading quite a few posts on other boards, I have seen over and over again people state that they are skipping the favors, that no one notices or cares about them anyway unless they are edible.  Now I am having second thoughts... This could obviously save us quite a bit of time and money weather they are inexpensive or not.  I just thought it added a nice touch that people would actually be taking home a peice of Hawaii with them...

THOUGHTS???
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Favor HELP!!!

• I kind of agree! While some favors are creative and people love that they forget them in a few weeks. I went to a wedding in Nov where the couple was really into music and gave out guitar picks with their pictures on them and they were super cte and creative. To tell you the truth they are still in my purse and the wedding was about a month ago. At least edible favors people will eat at the wedding or shortly after the wedding.
  • Favors are lame and a waste of money. Half of them will be left on the tables and the other half will sit in people's houses for a month and then get thrown away.

Don't bother.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_favor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:c38bd425-21fa-4b47-b7c2-7937527e6660Post:4f77b5f9-68f3-4a8e-9930-b37d5d5a4563">Re: Favor HELP!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Favors are lame and a waste of money. Half of them will be left on the tables and the other half will sit in people's houses for a month and then get thrown away. Don't bother.
    Posted by AmethystMSU[/QUOTE]

^That - unless they are edible :D  Then they disappear!
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm still planning on doing favors - I'm going to do shot glasses with a logo I'm designing on them.

One of my friends got married a couple years back and had shot glass favors and I STILL use them (I went around and collected the ones that got left behind so I could use them!)

I feel that our particular group of friends will actually use these though, and a lot of our family is also into the whole liquor scene so it seems appropriate.
  • I love the idea of wedding favors, I think they are fun to give and receive.  I personally dont care what people do with them once they go home, but its the sentiment that I thought of my guests to give them a little something.  most people suggest something edible, and that's always a good idea.  we are doing 2 favors, one chocolate favor and one non-edible for our wedding.  it's really a matter of personal opinion.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm using the personalized chocolate nuggets from the knot shop. I agree with amethyst. I've never used the favor i got at my brother's wedding. I dont even know where it is anymore.
  • We did favor boxes with Jordins (sp?) almonds in them, lol I think if they aren't edible then don't bother. I cannot tell you what happened to the favor we got at my friends wedding a couple months ago. I think we may have left it at the table it was a love poem they had written to each other...I think.
  • I think favors are one of those things that are really your decision.  Some people like them, some don't.  Personally, i don't think i've ever kept a favor, but if you think your friends & family will like them, and it's in your budget - do it!  :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_favor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:c38bd425-21fa-4b47-b7c2-7937527e6660Post:bb7092be-db50-42cd-b468-7a84797aebfb">Re: Favor HELP!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did favor boxes with Jordins (sp?) almonds in them, lol I think if they aren't edible then don't bother. <strong>I cannot tell you what happened to the favor we got at my friends wedding a couple months ago. I think we may have left it at the table it was a love poem they had written to each other...I think.
    </strong>Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]
    Ewwwwwww
  • Depending on our budget, we will probably do some sort of edible favor (something chocolatey and delicious). That way if people decide to leave some behind, there will be more for FI and me after the reception! :P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_favor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:c38bd425-21fa-4b47-b7c2-7937527e6660Post:7c3dd384-c555-469c-b954-478126e96e00">Re: Favor HELP!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Depending on our budget, we will probably do some sort of edible favor (something chocolatey and delicious). <strong>That way if people decide to leave some behind, there will be more for FI and me after the reception!</strong> :P
    Posted by justdance93[/QUOTE]

Is it bad that this is exactly what FI and I are thinking about the candy buffet.  :)  We're getting candy that we love to make sure that IF/when we have leftovers, it's all stuff we like!  haha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think if yyou do favors edible ones are the only way to go
  • I agree with PP. I'm planning on doing my famous cookies and wrapping them up, with a recipe card on them. Yummmm....
    image Cheering on Xan921 & akcrrr (congrats!) DX with PCOS - 11/2012 **2000mg Metformin ** DH S/A = "ideal" ** HSG - All Clear In There! **Clomid Cycle next CD3**
  • We're doing candy favors too.  FI liked having M&Ms to eat with the cake at his sister's wedding, so we are also having M&Ms.

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Do something that is pratical for your guests?  Do they love chocolate, coffee, etc? We are having a very small dinner/reception not an actual wedding, simply because we are paying for it and I am not the type to want to spend a lot of money on "impressing" other people, this is just how my feelings are.  My FI is older than me, and my family is the type to judge everything in every  manner and I just don't want that.  The reception/dinner is allowing us to spend more (thinking of chartering a cruise ship).  The favors that we are doing at this are stemless wine glasses (everyone being invited loves wine) and doing navy blue and white (my colors) in chocolate covered sunflower seeds. 

Play with some ideas... Bounce them off of us? Think unique! 
  • Were doing a candy buffet as well.  That way its not something thats going to be thrown away or sit around and collect dust.  If there is left over candy that is fine with us! 
  • I'm having a photobooth, so my favor will be whatever pictures the guest takes. They personalize it with our names and date so I thought it was a perfect idea. It's fun, and who throws away a picture? I had the same thoughts about favors. They are kind of dumb and a waste of money. My brother gave out shot glasses (its on display) and my friend gave out personalized bottles of wine. Those were the only good favors I ever got.
    April 2012 March Siggy Challenge - Honeymoon!! Costa Rica
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 158 Invited
    image 129 Are Party Rockin!!
    image 23 Will be missing out!
    image 6 Can't find the mailbox!
  • What Amethyst said. Most people like favors that are edible. Personally, shell lei would just sit around and collect dust at home. I woudln't do anything with it. I have been to a few weddings were there were non-edible favors, and I just threw them away when I got home.
    ETA: sorry, didn't realize how old this thread is. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards