Indiana-Indianapolis

Looking for a unique setting

I live about 2 hours from Indy and am looking for a unique place to have our wedding/reception. We are having about 65 people total and don't want it to cost us an arm and leg. I like the idea of something downtown or in a garden. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Re: Looking for a unique setting

• angeltennis3angeltennis3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the zoo is a very unique setting.  I honestly don't know the cost...but its close to downtown, and there are many different choices as to size of reception.

Another choice, if you are willing to forgo downtown, is Coxhall gardens.  It's a beautiful area.  The Ritz Charles caters there.
    Tara & Eric September 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you are looking for a garden setting, Garfield Park (near downtown) is very pretty.  You may also want to look into Conner Prairie.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ssummers85ssummers85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want a sort of country chic vibe, you could try Traders Point Creamery on the North side of Indy.
  • edited December 2011
    Creation Cafe and Euphoria is a great location for a wedding! I am a wedding coordinator there, and we have a really unique space for weddings right downtown. We are on the canal and have a beautiful view of the city. Feel free to email me at rachel@indycanal.com with any questions about availability or pricing. 
  • edited December 2011
    It's not a garden, but for a really unique place check out Ghyslain at the Sanctuary in Zionsville. It's an old church that's now an art gallery...so beautiful. I really wanted my wedding there but it's more suited for smaller weddings. Good luck finding a place!
    *I'm officially a married lady!*
  • edited December 2011
    Atlanta Banquet and Event Hall
    Atlanta, In - 11 miles north of Noblesville
    Historical Huge Brick Building
    Small quiet town
    Very Reasonable prices.

• edited December 2011
    My friend Beth told me about this place, and it seems like it might fit.

http://www.judysweddingchapel.com/

They have a gazebo too, and Judy is really nice. :)
    "All love that has not friendship for its base is like a mansion built upon the sand." ?poet Ella Wheeler Wilcox
  • edited December 2011
    I think we are going to have our reception at Ruth's Chris downtown. Now I need to decide on a ceremony location. Thanks for all the suggestions ladies. We looked at all of them, but decided to go with sharing our favorite restaurant with everyone. Plus, it's where he proposed :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards