Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

September outdoor wedding - too hot?

I have a "vegas sign" wedding planned for Sept 11th of this year, my fiancee is concerned that he will be WAY too hot in his suit. We don't want to get married in a chapel, what else can I do? Will it really be too hot?? I know around 100degrees but i'm just not sure exactly what to do.

Re: September outdoor wedding - too hot?

• Options
    You should be fine. Try and schedule it as late in the day as possible. By the way, there are several other places on the strip besides chapels. I know CP has two gardens and you can do several different locations at MB, for example.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    It is at 5pm, what is MB? CP is too expensive, we are on tight budget our photographer got us this package and it is costing $895 for officiate (wedding) and 2 hours of photography.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_september-outdoor-wedding-too-hot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:b09ceb14-e1df-4575-b549-983c8c4399a2Post:680650c4-fa47-4a16-b191-43cdea191e9e">Re: September outdoor wedding - too hot?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is at 5pm, what is MB? CP is too expensive, we are on tight budget our photographer got us this package and it is costing $895 for officiate (wedding) and 2 hours of photography.
    Posted by wendlle[/QUOTE]

It sounds a little steep to be honest... Since the sign is public property for the same price you could have an officiant meet you there and do there ceremony for under $200, hire a limo for you both, and probably do more than 2 hours of strip photography with Todd from Bently & Wilson who is known to have good photos.  Does that $895 include any other fees, tips, and gratuity?  Also have you seen the portfolio of the photographer that comes with the package?  Sometimes they aren't very good...

Not trying to scare you or rain on your parade, just that it's good to be thorough so you know exactly what you're getting and won't be disappointed later!  :)

There are a few recommended officiants on the board, as well as photographers.

BUT to answer your question on the weather, but my guests said it was HOT HOT HOT waiting outside of the chapel in the afternoon for the wedding before ours to finish, when we did ours Sept 20th last year.  If you must do it outside, I would recommend doing it in the evening.  Also as PP posted re: MB... MB means Mandalay Bay.
  • Options
    We actually moved our date from Sept. to May because of heat issues. I've heard it could easily be 100 even at night! I agree with pp about the price. For our officiant plus photographer, we're paying around 475. What else does your package include?
  • Options
    Yes it will still be hot in september, it cools down at night but during the day it's still in the 100s. He will be sweating profusely in his suit.  I always forget too, expecting it to start to cool down in September but every year I'm surprised when it's still in the 100s.  If you want outside but want it to be cooler I'd say either wait until the sun goes down or do it earlier in the day.
  • Options
    hmmm, i'll email the photographer who is organizing it all and see what she things. I'm thinking we may have to move it to later or really early in the day. I actually think that it is a pretty good price, the cheapest chapel/drive-thru weddings were all over $200 and that didn't include tips etc, and then we would have had to pay $300 - $500 for a photographer anyway. This way it is all done, it includes everything listed below. and it does include all tips.
    • Up to 2.5 hours of photography
    • Up to 1.5 hours of rental including taxes and gratuity of a 6 Passenger Limo
    • Officiate fees
    • Standard bridal bouquet and groom boutonniere
    • Password-protected login for our exclusive Wedding Photography Planning system
    • All photos edited for exposure, color correction, and straightening/cropping
    • A minimum of 15 photos will be treated with our Special Artistic Processing
    • Photo files provided on custom printed Data Disc in a custom-printed keepsake hard case
    • DVD-Rom included with both full resolution and web quality of all photos
    • License for printing and internet distribution rights is included of all of your photos
    • Password-protected online Photo Gallery with all your photos included for 12 months
    • 30% discount on any Photo Prints ordered via our Online Gallery for all friends and family
  • Options
    depends on what weekend you were thinking to do your wedding. mid september isn't too bad durning the day it's hot but cools down at night. the hottest months in las vegas are june-august. 
  • Options
    depends on what weekend you were thinking to do your wedding. mid september isn't too bad durning the day it's hot but cools down at night. the hottest months in las vegas are june-august. 
  • Options
    It's on Sept 11th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards