Getting in Shape
Options

Just starting out and the wedding is in june!

Hello ladies!
Today was my first day of jillian michaels 30 day shred! I am not really over weight(123lb.)but I am extremly out of shape since having my daughter(17m). I could barely get through the first work out! I feel like I have no muscle tone at all...my legs feel like noodles and shaky. I hope I can keep up the next 30days and be healthier. Sorry for the ramble just thought I would share being new and all:)
BFP 2/14/2010 Kylie was born 10/10/10 happy and healthy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Just starting out and the wedding is in june!

• Options
    Good luck with your workouts!  The first few days are the hardest, so once you're through them it should be much "easier" to keep at it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    As PP said, the first few days are definitely the hardest.  You'll start to get stronger and be able to sustain all the way through at full intensity each time.  Good luck!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Keep it up am sure it will get easier with time .Toning is hard work but keep your eye on the prize !!! You can do it :) I have faith in ya <3
    Crista the DIY Bride Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My FMIL and I just did our first day yesterday too! It was definitely tough.. Really tough. Excited but also afraid to do it again today!

Good job OP! If we stick with it in no time we'll be in fab shape ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    THank you! I woke up today and it hurts to move anything haha. Im wondering if I should let my body heal and work out tomorrow? or just keep going through the pain
    BFP 2/14/2010 Kylie was born 10/10/10 happy and healthy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    Hmm, it depends how much it hurts and whether pushing through the pain would turn you off continuing.  Since you're just starting out and it's a higher intensity workout, I think it would be fine to give yourself a day off to recover.  For what it's worth, you might still be hurting tomorrow, even with the day off! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If anything hurts sharply (like it might be torn or sprained), then you should definitely rest it and remember to ice it after your next work out.  If you are just really sore (believe me, I remember when I first started 30DS!), then you should try to do something today to get your muscles loosened up.  You could try the same workout, but you could also go for a walk (or light jog) to get yourself moving and feeling better.
    I've really enjoyed the Jillian Michael's videos, and I wish you luck.
  • Options
    Just a suggestion, but starting out on a quick 30 day shred might turn you off completely- and what are you going to do after the 30 days? My suggestion is start at a gym. Hire a personal trainer (not as expensive as most people think- $100-$150 for 3-5 sessions) and do your workouts in addition to classes, such as yoga or Zumba. 

It is important to take days off, BUT holding yourself accountable to the days on. Take 2 days off a week with a minimum of 1. Hold yourself to diet, but give yourself a cheat day or two. 

Reward yourself- if you reach a goal, get a little treat for yourself (like a new set of yoga clothes, new running shoes etc) - you'll be more likely to want to show off that new gear, thus, getting yourself to a gym. 

A big thing is that it takes 3 weeks to even get in the habit of going to the gym/ working out on a regular basis. 30 days may not be enough to get yourself committed to fitness. 

If personal training is out of the question, then look up full body workouts on-line and apply them to the gym. I usually do 15 min of cardio, then depending on the day, free weights, machines etc for full body... and a 15 minute cool down to flush the toxins. I am currently at 17% BF, so it seems to be working out :)

Another hint for toning is DO WEIGHTS! Most women try to avoid this for fear of getting "buff"- doing weights is awesome for burning calories all day- not just at the treadmill. This will also help you tone AND get better complexion as your circulation will be better- giving you a more glowing/ rosy hue :)

Anyway, good luck on the toning and working out :)

• Options
    Like PPs said if anything hurts in a sharp pain (like maybe you pulled a muscle or a joint is hurting) then sit it out for the day.. 
    However if you're just SORE, doing cardio will actually help warm your muscles up, get some of that lactic acid out, and you'll be sore less time than if you just sat it out for the day. 

Tuesday nights are a intense cardio and intense lifting night for me... Wednesday morning I wake up sooo stiff, but I always force myself to go to Body Step in the morning and yoga after.. and by the time yoga is over most of the soreness is gone. :) 

• Options
    lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_just-starting-out-and-the-wedding-is-in-june?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:0889c501-e266-4971-a016-11b13e357239Post:34e35901-a697-43ce-951b-6f81a1dd0cfd">Just starting out and the wedding is in june!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello ladies! Today was my first day of jillian michaels 30 day shred! I am not really over weight(123lb.)but I am extremly out of shape since having my daughter(17m). I could barely get through the first work out! I feel like I have no muscle tone at all...my legs feel like noodles and shaky. I hope I can keep up the next 30days and be healthier. Sorry for the ramble just thought I would share being new and all:)
    Posted by junebabymia[/QUOTE]

<div>Take it easy and do what you can.  Know your limits.  Once you build up more muscle, it will get much easier.  Also, you don't have to do it in 30 days.  If you need a day off, take a day off.</div><div>
    </div><div>When you finish the 30 days, I recommend repeating.  I repeated the workout and added wrist and ankle weights to challenge myself more.</div><div>
    </div><div>Jillian has a lot of great workouts.  Once I got bored with 30DS, I bought a few more of her DVDs and followed those workouts.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Good luck!</div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_just-starting-out-and-the-wedding-is-in-june?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:0889c501-e266-4971-a016-11b13e357239Post:6bca392b-862b-48ce-b7c5-c393c2a577f5">Re: Just starting out and the wedding is in june!</a>:
    [QUOTE]THank you! I woke up today and it hurts to move anything haha. Im wondering if I should let my body heal and work out tomorrow? or just keep going through the pain
    Posted by junebabymia[/QUOTE]

<div>It sounds like you're just experiencing normal soreness, but don't push it if anything feels more like injury pain.</div><div>
    </div><div>If you're just sore, I would recommend continuing your workout again today.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Also, be sure to stretch!</div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Her Killer Buns and Thighs workout is pretty good as well....not as much cardio...more muscle toning.  

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards