October 2014 Weddings
Options

Unique October Colors!

Hi fellow Knotties!

I am newly engaged like a lot of you :) December 27th was when he proposed after 4.5 years of dating. FINALLY huh? We have not set an official date yet since he is away in California for two weeks for school, but we are definitely looking at October! He loves Halloween and I love the season so we figured October would be perfect.

I know red, orange and brown are popular fall colors, but my fiance and I...we are not very typical people. So far, I know I really want gold/champagne because I adore that color (Beauty and the Beast inspired). What colors would be compatible with gold for an October wedding? Help me out Knotties!

Re: Unique October Colors!

• Options
    Gold might go well with a brown color. My fiance and I are doing gold with burnt orange and burgandy but that's just us. Choose a color that the two of you like, almost anything goes with gold.
  • Options
    I also plan to get married in October and we've decided for more of winter colors, black, white and red. But I love gold with burgundy!
  • Options
    My fiance and I are also getting married in October but where are doing a little different colors such as blue,brown and yellow . I say have fun with it it is yoru wedding day no one ever said now days that you ahve to follow the color wheel when it comes to your colors.
  • Options
    I saw an inspiration board on Pinterest with gold and deep purple that was super pretty! I'm pretty sure we are going with a deep purple (like plum) with burnt orange, deep reds, and yellows for flowers. Good luck!
  • Options
    lostinmusic89lostinmusic89 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Since you are picking champagne from Beauty and the Beast, why not do a royal blue like the Beast's outfit during the "Tale As Old As Time" ballroom scene? It would go great! Plus, my colors are blue and fall red and oranges.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards