Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Audubon Clubhouse

Has anyone hosted their wedding reception at the Audubon Clubhouse? Any thoughts on seating for 100 people and the space in general...it seems kinda small.

Thanks!

Re: Audubon Clubhouse

• Options
    I went to a wedding there and I think it was more than 100 people attending and seemed fine especially with all the outdoor seating.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    I was considering it but they said would be too hot for a summer wedding. If I remember correctly, they said 100 was the max for the clubhouse.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Thanks ladies, we are doing a fall wedding so temperture should be good.

Megan1977 can you tell me what you thought of the place as a guest? Was there seating inside and outside? Did you ever feel like you were stalking out a seat? Any feedback you give will be GREAT since I have only gone to very traditional sit down weddings :)
  • Options
    meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    No never felt like I had trouble with getting a seat at all...when I wanted one, it was available.  There was some seating inside and on the covered porch, but if you were trying to seat everyone completely inside without even the porch it might be a little tight for 100 people, but they probably have different ways they can set things up.  I didn't mingle much trying to find seats in lots of places, just hung out with the one group of people that I knew and danced a little bit.  I personally kind of liked how there were different areas where the entry area, food, and bar/dancing were separated.  I thought the food was a little better than your standard wedding hors d'oeuvres, and in this case the menu options were limited because it was a Friday during Lent.  The weather was mild that evening but not too warm so it was nice to sit outside and hang out on the porch or one of the other areas where they had tables and chairs.  I didn't hear any complaints from the bride that she had trouble working with them, it seemed like she thought they helped to make sure the dancing, cake cutting, and etc. flowed on a schedule.
  • Options
    I got married there.  Your guests' seating will be almost 100% outside if you're planning on a dance floor inside.  There is ample seating for everyone, but if you're envisioning a northeastern style head table with plated dinner situation this is definitely the wrong venue for you.  In NOLA weddings are usually a combo of buffet/station/hors d'oeuvres style and there are plenty of seats but people mix and mingle and sit where they'd like. 

I couldn't be happier with the venue.  We had 75 guests and there was plenty of space.
  • Options
    Awesome! Thank you soooo much! That is what I wanted to know. We will have about 75 people and we WANT to sit on the porch :) I am from the area but never attended a wedding there, and I live in Chicago now. Thank you again for the info, I can't wait to get things rolling!
  • Options
    PS - NOLABridealmost.....LOVE your magnolia! I want them sooo bad but had to decide with waiting till May 2013 or getting married this year.
  • Options
    How funny Shayla, I am from Chicago and live here now!
  • Options
    I got married October 2011 at The Clubhouse and we have about 115 guests. I absolutely loved it. We got rave reviews on the food and I think most people liked having the ability to stay inside and dance with the band or go outside for some good conversation. 

I worked with Megan Kane at Audubon and she was an absolute pleasure.

Here is a link to some of our pictures

Oh and we also had a 5 piece band (The Mixed Nuts) and we still didn't feel crammed! I absolutely loved it and I don't think I could stress it anymore to you.
  • Options
    I am interested in this spot for my reception.  Does anybody have any basic info on the cost?  Thanks!

• Options
    DRC, I believe the venue rental was 1500 and the food and beverage minimum was 7,000 for a Sunday wedding during peak season.  The venue rental went towards the food and beverage minimum if my memory serves me well.
  • Options
    For those of you who got married at the clubhouse- are there any specific menu items you would recommend? I am getting married there and unfortunately, I don't know if I will be able to make it for a tasting.
  • Options
    Thanks for the pics! I am getting pretty excited about the venue. We definitely wanted something different.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards