North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

My Wedding Vendor Reviews! (From a wedding a year ago..)

Hey everyone,

My wedding was actually about a year ago and I’m just now getting around to posting my reviews on how things went. If you have any questions or need more advice about how I worked things please don't hesitate in asking.

House- We rented The Grand Bahamian through Resort Realty and it worked out really well. It was a bit more than what we wanted to spend mostly because of the event fee up-charge of $2500. Resort Realty allowed us to visit and tour the home closer to our event.

DJ- The OBX DJ- Mike Smith. He was very nice. I provided a “do not play” list and he stuck to it. I had some of my friends who insisted on a certain song and he asked me if he could play it. Prior to the wedding we discussed what type of music we wanted played. During the cocktail hour I asked for 90’s R&B (like Boys 2 Men, KC & JoJo) but instead I got Sinatra and instrumental. Such a varying difference. Once the dancing began he kept the party going though!

Cake- Provided by Great Cakes. We initially ordered their samples online and decided to book them. A few months prior we went in person to go over details to have another tasting. I was quite disappointed because the cake samples we tasted were the same you ordered online. I thought there would be more variety. The day of the wedding didn’t really work out as planned. The flowers on the cake were the incorrect color as well as icing was missing on part of the cake (you can tell it wasn’t applied properly and not because someone stuck their finger in it).

Food- We went through The Good Life Gourmet. The food was okay and the warm items were a bit more cold than warm. The food definitely sounds better online then what it tastes like. Also I felt like the food had minimal quantities. We chose a buffet style and all of the other weddings we’ve been to had plenty of food. My husband and I missed out on some of the food items because they ran out. I thought that the caterer would have saved us a couple but he didn’t.

Flowers- I saw some flowers through FTD that I liked. Because they don’t deliver to the OBX I found the vendor Always N Bloom located in Grandy. Long story short, the flowers were nothing like we discussed- not even close. But she was very nice on the phone prior to the wedding.

Officiant- Eugene McLawhorn officiated the ceremony. He was great. Very professional yet easy to talk to. But one thing did happen, which I can’t totally blame on him because a huge wave came crashing through as he was performing the ceremony, we never said our “I do’s”, only our vows.  

Photographer- AMMC. Their photos on their website are amazing and I was so excited that I booked them. He was very professional but yet not personable. My husband didn’t care for him but I liked him. The only issue is that in almost all of our photos (I would say 97%) something is “wrong” like my eyes are closed or his mouth is open, etc…I think he moved out of the country though…

Rentals- Metro Rental! I loved this vendor. Nothing was a hassle and they even delivered my items a day early because there was road work starting the day of my wedding. I never asked them to they were just proactive!  

Rehearsal Dinner- Provided by Pigmans BBQ. Fantastic food. But I’m also biased of them. J

We didn’t have a planner but my father-in-law “planned” the event. He did all the decorations and groomsmen boutonnieres. He did an amazing job but I would DEFINITELY recommend getting a planner even if it’s just for the wedding day. If you don’t have the money, cut other things to get one, seriously. I think everyone was stressed and tired that day of because they had to set everything up.

Also I feel like some of the vendors were jaded and lacked the individualization that we needed for that day. I felt like it was all a routine to them neglecting our special day experience.

Re: My Wedding Vendor Reviews! (From a wedding a year ago..)

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for posting the reviews!  We have a lot of new Knotties on the board and this will be very helpful to them.

And Happy Belated Anniversary to you!  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards