Honeymoon Discussions
Options

XP: Northern/Central California honeymoon ideas?

I'm also going to post this on the CA board.

FI and I will be moving to the Bay Area a month or so before our wedding, and to save costs, we decided to honeymoon somewhere around there. Since it'll be our new hometown, I'm hoping to find places to go that are close enough to drive but far enough away that it still feels like a vacation!

I've been looking into Mendocino, Napa, and Monterey.. Any other ideas, or recs of places to stay in the area?

Re: XP: Northern/Central California honeymoon ideas?

• Options
    Um, my advice would be to drive to LA and visit me, Poli!

Seriously, though I like the south bay area - the area around San Jose was decent when I went. Kinda sprawly, but we went to the Westchester House, which was pretty cool.

I hear good things about San Luis Obispo.

I'm thinking about going to Napa on my mini-moon, but that's after your wedding, so I won't be able to update you on that.

One interesting thing FI and I are sort of trying to do it visit some of the different Spanich missions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_missions_in_California
    There are 20 or so. I've been to 3 so far. You might not be able to do a lot in a day (Well, they're 30 miles apart) because they might start to blend together. But they're interesting.

And if you go further south, Santa Barbara is gorgeous. There's a little Danish town near Santa Barbara called Solvang in the Santa Inez valley with some good wine tasting around it and lots of tasting rooms in town. FI and I went there for a day in January and that's where we found an ad for our persian cats!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards