New Hampshire

Dress Stores Question....

Hello everyone! I'm looking to try on some dresses that involve lace and would probably fall under the "vintage" catagory. I know of the bigger stores in our area (Modern Bride, David's Bridal) but I was wondering if any of you had suggestions of smaller, maybe a little more unique places. I'll be going to David's Bridal to check things out there too. Thanks in advance!

Re: Dress Stores Question....

• I had a fantastic experience with Madeline's Daughter on Route 1 in Portsmouth. They were so attentive and found great dresses for me to try on. I loved the time with them. In the end, I ended up going with David's bridal due to budget constraints.
  • I bought mine at Madeline's Daughter.  They have a great selection

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Marry and Tux in Nashua. Stephanie was my consultant and she was AWESOME! I tried on 3 dresses, the first 2 I picked, and then she asked if she could pick one and it was THE ONE! She was just great.  We requested her when we went looking for BM dresses too and she helped us find the perfect one.  Love for Marry and Tux.
    Anniversary
  • Ditto Marry and Tux; I got my gown there and had an amazing experience.  Lindsey was my consultant and I loved her; she was especially SUPER helpful when it came to deciding what color I wanted, and redirecting my mother when it was necessary.

I don't think you'll find any shops specializing in vintage-type dresses per se, but a lot of popular designers carry vintage-inspired dresses and those designers are carried by most of the stores in the area.  Maggie Sottero generally has a lot of lace, vintagey designs, as does Sottero & Midgley; Marry & Tux is a premier retailer of both labels.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Kfudge0714Kfudge0714 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I got my dress at 125 Bridal in Plaistow, NH. My consultant was Briana and she was just great! I explained to her what I wanted and the very first dress was exactly as I was describing and the one I ended up with!

as my dress has applique lace... here's a pic :)

• I'm going to Madeline's Daughter this weekend for my first appointment, but ultimately am considering buying a consigment dress. This way I can get a more expensive dress for less of the cost. recycledbride.com has a ton, and there's a store in Haverill MA called bride to bride consigment we're going to go to later on!

Good luck! 
  • I got my dress at Marry & Tux too.  I had Marie as a consultant and she was fabulous.  They have a really great selection.  I suggest bringing pictures!
  • Ditto on 125 Bridal and Madeleine's Daughter!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards