June 2012 Weddings

Oh my word......HORRIBLE!!

So my mom just called me.  We have a man in our church (well a couple) who drives at truck at night, delivering auto glass.  

Well, apparently last night, my friend was driving through a small town (no street lights)  and felt a bump on the road.   He stoped, got out and looked back and it was a man!!  A MAN!!  MY FRIEND RAN OVER A MAN!  AND KILLED HIM!!  Apparently, there is video that shows the man was laying in the road before.....the incient.  I guess he was only a few feet from the center of the road.  I don't know why that man was in the middle of the road....but how aweful!!  He was only 52!!

I am just in shock right now.  My friend is just the nicest, kindest man you would want to meet.  I'm sure the family would appreciate your thoughts and prayers!!
Anniversary

Re: Oh my word......HORRIBLE!!

• how sad, praying!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Something similar just happened in Michigan were someone committed suicide that way.

Prayer for your friend. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks guys!!  I was just shocked, so I can't imagine how the family feels.  I mean, it wasn't his fault at all.....but still.  I couldn't even imagine!
    Anniversary
  • I have a relative that committed suicide that way. He knelt in front of a truck. I know the driver was a wreck, no matter how much my relatives told him it was not his fault. Prayers for your friend to move passed this.

Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Wow.  That's really sad!
  • Holy cow! that is crazy!! How horrible!! I'm sure your friend feels awful, bless his heart!! Thoughts and prayers going out to everyone involved!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 309 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 125 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are driving me crazy!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_oh-my-wordhorrible?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:10e388fb-0f8a-46eb-b2ca-db278d9419d6Post:32f41780-b744-4bd8-9ef8-796b4ce0d866">Re: Oh my word......HORRIBLE!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy cow! that is crazy!! How horrible!! I'm sure your friend feels awful, bless his heart!! Thoughts and prayers going out to everyone involved!
    Posted by amonis[/QUOTE]

<div>That is exactly how i felt when my mom told me.  Actually, I felt numb inside.</div><div>
    </div><div>My friend went back out and drove again tonight - said he was afraid if he didn't he never would be able to again.</div><div>
    </div>
    Anniversary
  • praying for him and his strength.
    Kelsey and Andrew 6/23/12 216 image Invited
    0 image Are ready to party
    0 image Missing out
    190 image Making me wait (tick tock)

RSVP Date: 5/15/12
  • Oh my goodness. I am so sorry for your friend. Thoughts and prayers for him and his family. As well as the family of the man in the road.
  • So, is your friend the truck driver or is the now deceased man the truck driver?

I certainly am going to pray for him and his family and the family of the man. How sad....

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh my! That's so crazy, yet so sad at the same time :( I'm so sorry for your friend

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_oh-my-wordhorrible?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:10e388fb-0f8a-46eb-b2ca-db278d9419d6Post:541a79c4-0272-4893-9f78-1d47e1762d84">Re: Oh my word......HORRIBLE!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my goodness. I am so sorry for your friend. Thoughts and prayers for him and his family. <strong>As well as the family of the man in the road.
    </strong>Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

This too!!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_oh-my-wordhorrible?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:10e388fb-0f8a-46eb-b2ca-db278d9419d6Post:418c56e1-5478-4f12-8a6e-c8214270257c">Re: Oh my word......HORRIBLE!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, is your friend the truck driver or is the now deceased man the truck driver? I certainly am going to pray for him and his family and the family of the man. How sad....
    Posted by peachykeen26[/QUOTE]

Truck driver
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_oh-my-wordhorrible?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:10e388fb-0f8a-46eb-b2ca-db278d9419d6Post:06793a16-2c29-4581-a95d-91480e45e907">Re: Oh my word......HORRIBLE!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh my word......HORRIBLE!! : Truck driver
    Posted by Nindakay[/QUOTE]

Oh golly. That poor man. :(

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh that's so sad.  This happened to a girl in my graduating class at college a few years ago.  She apparently jumped out in front of an 18-wheeler on a highway by our school.  She was on the lacrosse team with my roommate (now a BM) and so it was really hard because we sorta knew her and noone saw it coming.

Prayers going out to all sides involved.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards