Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

"Daddy" / Daughter dance.. I need major help..

Backstory..

My father abandoned me when I was 3 and has had no contact with me since. which leads me to my dilemma. My husband and I are not having our wedding reception until next year. We are also expecting our first child this September. =)

Originally I was going to ask my grandfather to dance with me but he is unable to stand for more than 2 minutes now, let alone walk or dance. I am not close enough to any of my uncles and my stepfather and I don't see eye to eye all of the time. In fact, we disagree more than half the time about everything. Which leads me to this.

I have decided I would like to dance with my father in law. He has been more of a father to me than anyone in my life besides my grandfather and I know it would mean a lot to him because he has no daughter of his own. Plus he calls me his daughter, not his daughter in law. I want to pick a great song to dance with him to but I haven't known him since childhood so it makes it a little bit harder. Many people are saying to ask him but I don't want him knowing I'm asking him until I walk over to him that day and ask him to dance with me.

Please help! Thank you in advance.

KW
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: "Daddy" / Daughter dance.. I need major help..

• Options
    Robyn5298Robyn5298 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    What about something pretty but not over the top emotional like "Wonderful World" or "Can You Feel The Love Tonight"?
  • Options
    iloveu4everiloveu4ever member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You go for it! If your fil makes you comfortable and happy. Then you go dance with him. Nothing says you can't.

• Options
    coraloccoraloc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Natalie Merchant's "Kind and Generous"
    Tony Bennett's "The Best is Yet to Come"
    Lee Ann Womack's "I Hope You Dance"
    Stevie Wonder's "Isn't She Lovely"
    Rascal Flatts' "My Wish"

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww that's so nice that your FIL treats you like his own child. I'm dancing with my dad to "Butterfly Kisses". Not sure if the lyrics would work for you. Check country music (I know it's not everyone's type--not really mine either!) but there's a lot of songs I've heard at bars that would fit. Country men always pour their hearts out!!
  • Options
    doeie04doeie04 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that is a wonderful idea! I don't have any ideas for a song, but wanted to say that you probably souldn't surprise him at the wedding. (If I read that right.) It is a wonderful thought, but you don't want to put him in an akward position.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards