Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Really, really frustrated!! Vent.

I ordered my wedding gown (an Alfred Angelo dress) from a bridal store that is a well-known store in the south.  It is not in my home state.  However, I heard many good things about this place and the prices were *fabulous* so I decided to take a chance on them, even though I was worried about ordering from somewhere over the phone and with which I had no personal experience.  Btw, I'm refraining from naming this place, becuase I'd like to give them a chance still, although if they continue as they have been I will NOT be giving them a good review.

I ordered my dress the last week of March.  I was told at the time I ordered my dress, and the two times I called to get size charts and information, that it would take 3 months for me to get my dress.  I was told end of June at the time I ordered the dress.  Two weeks ago I called to check on the status of my order and see if I could get a tracking number.  They told me that because I had to get my dress shortened, it would probably be the first week of July.  I wasn't really all that happy when I was told that - but whatever, it's only one week short of what they said, so no biggy.  I asked if I'd have it in plenty of time before my appointment on the 23rd of July for my first fitting.  I was told I'd have it long before then.  Okay, fine.  So I called back today thinking that maybe they had a tracking number, as I was told my dress would be arriving next week.  Nope - it's not arriving until the 11th or 12th.  Another full week after I was told.  This upsets me.  First, I wasn't incredibly impressed with the way they treated people over the phone.  Most everyone I've talked to is incredibly brusque and I couldn't get straight answers.  But I brushed it off as not a big deal so long as I got my dress as ordered.  However, when I called back and found out the date was still yet another week out from being delivered, the brusque manner, condescending tone and talking over me when I was trying to talk just sent me off.  Admittedly, I wasn't thrilled when he told me the date.  However, I wasn't rude.  And yet the person I spoke to wouldn't let me finish a sentence.  And then proceeded to tell me that dresses take 4 months to be delivered and that there was no way anyone would have told me different.  I don't appreciate the treatment and I don't appreciate that every time I call back, I get a different answer.  I'm not trying to be difficult, I just want to know when I can expect my dress, and I want to know that I'm not going to get different answers every time.  In the grand scheme of things is this a big deal?  No.  But it is very frustrating.  Thanks for listening.

Re: Really, really frustrated!! Vent.

• Options
    Geez, that would bother me too, especially since I'm assuming that you have to make travel plans around your first fitting if it's not in the area. I don't have any advice for you on how to handle it, but I would be annoyed too.

How much time do you have until your wedding?
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    Thanks, Sloane99.  My wedding is Oct 9th, so I do have some time.  The thing is, I have scheduled alterations with someone who is in high demand.  So I really don't want to lose my appointment. 
  • Options
    reculpreculp member
    First Comment
    How frustrating!  I agree, I could let some of the brusque/rude behavior go if everything went smoothly, but when it doesn't the rudeness starts to be more glaring!  It is also hard to talk it out on the phone, instead of in person (which I know is not an option), because you are easier to ignore on the phone.  I would call back and see if there is a manager that you could talk to.  I would make a list of your complaints and sort of plan out what you want to say when you call so you won't get flustered or loose track of what you were trying to say.  When you go in to pick up the dress/have your first fitting, I would speak to the same person again, in person.  Hopefully this time it would be to thank them for taking the time to help you.  Good Luck! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I used to work for a bridal store in Houston, years ago when I started college.  I would not be that upset.  The quick quote in time for the best stores is 3 months and about a week to ten days.  Also if they replied 3 months that is a target date and not definate as it can vary by 1week to 1.5 weeks in time frames.  I would not be worried if you ordered from an online vendor as they get the best delivery times.  Most of those stores check on orders all of the time.  I realize I am not sure who is the store but the top ones get fast delivery.
  • Options
    I have a couple of suggestions that may not make a difference but will probably make you feel better...

First, everytime you call make sure you note the time/date and the person you are talking too and what they said. That way if they question you on what you were told before you can tell them exactly what was said and who said it.

Second, if they get snippy or rude, stop the conversation and demand to talk to the manager or owner. I've found that this snaps rude sales people right out of it. The manager or owner should know how their employees are treating customers.

This situation would've sent me off the deep end...at least inside my own head. I'll never understand rude sales people. They are being paid to help customers but some act as if you are interrupting their day if you need help.
  • Options

stacy - Thanks for the suggestions.  I will definitely start taking down the names of the people I talk to and the dates.  But as far as asking for the manager/owner, I was talking to the owner.  Which is probably another reason I got so upset.  If this is how the owner treats people, it's no wonder his people aren't very good on the phone. 

The owner did email me and try to correct the situation - although he still claims that there's no way anyone could have told me what they did tell me.  But it's a start in the right direction at least. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards