New York

Indoor Photo Locations?

I'm preparing for rain since that's my luck :)  I have a beautiful outdoor location picked,  but I need a backup indoor photo location and I'm stumped!  None of the local hotels will allow you to  take pictures unless your wedding is there.  My reception is at Justin's Grill in East Syracuse, but we have plenty of time between church and reception to travel, so anywhere within 30 minutes is fine...can anyone help me with ideas??

Re: Indoor Photo Locations?

• edited December 2011
    Try the museum. I used to work at a science museum and tons of people came to take portraits there. I've never been to the Syracuse one, but I'm sure they have an atrium or something for nice ones and exhibits for fun ones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bitofritsbitofrits member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI's cousin got hers done at the court house in downtown (by the Civic Center).  I think she had to get a permit, but I'm not sure that it cost money. There's some pretty nice granite stairs and pillars.   If you want me to get more info I can ask her -- let me know.

I would look at museums (already mentioned) -- there's the Everson, Erie Canal Museum, MOST... not sure about any others.

Also, I would look into some of the theaters... they probably would make you pay, but maybe not too much?  Palace Theater and Landmark Theater are both really nice on the inside.
    My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
  • rica827rica827 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never thought about the court house!  If she's willing to share some information I would greatly appreciate it!  That's exactly what I'm looking for...big open space, staircase, marble, something with character!

Both the Landmark and Hotel Syracuse are under construction unfortunately, and the Everson won't allow indoor photos anymore.  I will check Erie Canal Museum! 

Thank you ladies! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards