Kentucky-Louisville

Airbrush makeup vs. Mineral makeup

Does anyone know the staying power of either kinds of makeup? I'm looking for something that will last all day - through tears & sweat (the wedding is in May). And something that won't slide off of my shiney T-zone... Also, any suggestions on where to go for wedding day application of either? Or would I be better off going the traditional makeup route (maybe at a makeup counter) with a sealer of some sorts to keep the makeup on??? TIA!!!

Re: Airbrush makeup vs. Mineral makeup

• I'm going to go with airbrush make up.  My photographer highly, highly recommends it.  I got my make up done at Sephora for my engagement pictures and they used airbrush make up and I was happy with it.  I think that for my wedding day I'm going to get my make up done at Faux Finish - also highly recommended by my photographer. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just be aware that the mineral makeup (which I normally wear) does not always do well for photography.  The light can reflect off of it making you "glow" but not in a good way.
  • Brides-mother is right..DO NOT use mineral makeup for your wedding day.  It will not photograph well.
    Airbrush...depending on who is doing it and what they are using...should be long lasting through tears and sweat. 
    I used Bethany Tiesman for my wedding and still do for events/weddings I am in still.  www.beautybybethany.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards