North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Lisa's (ldybug78) vendor reviews- PIP

Our wedding was 08.15.11.  First off I LOVE that we picked to have our wedding early in the week.  I didn’t have to worry about getting sunburned or tan lines or worry about getting married all week and whether it would go well all week.  Everyone in the family came down and we all had Saturday- Saturday rentals.  Sunday everyone chilled out and relaxed and recovered from their drives. 

Vendor reviews- finally (thanks Maria for doing yours- it motivated me to do mine)
 Metro Rentals:We rented 2 tables, tablecloths, chairs for patio (ceremony) and chairs for dinner.  They were right on time and easy to work with from beginning to end, plus we liked that we could place our order online.

Jay Bowman:We really liked Jay a lot and he did a fantastic job.  He was so personable and made the ceremony fun, a tearjerker, and romantic all at once.  I know everyone says it but you really can tell how much he loves what he does.  Even the people in the family who wanted us to be married in a Catholic church and by a priest were impressed.  He also made the ceremony run very smooth.  We didn’t do a rehearsal and I didn’t get anxious about what to do at all.  He really made the day special and we are so happy he married us.  

Harris Teeter:We had Maggi at Harris Teeter do our flowers.  For being grocery store flowers, they were perfect and I couldn’t be happier.  She did my bouquet exactly like the picture I sent her.  I’m not sure how they would be for more expensive type flowers- we only had gerber daisies.  She was really easy to work with and like Maria said, you just need to tell her 3 weeks in advance.   

Duck Donuts:Instead of cake we had Duck Donuts.  Of course it would have been WAY better to serve them to the guests hot but they were still good at room temp.  My BIL and his GF went to pick them up and the website had a later closing time than actual.  They ended up driving from Duck to Corolla and as they walked up to go in they were closing.  They stayed open for us and made us our donuts which was awesome.  If you ever go like we did, call ahead so you know the times. 

Southern Shores #990:
This was the house that we had our ceremony in and reception.  Since there were only 16 guests we didn’t need to deal with event fees.  It was perfect!

Photos:
They were done by my BIL.  He did a great job.  We went to his house yesterday to get the pictures and there are over 1500 to go through.  Ack!  We have them on the external hard drive and will pick out good ones probably this weekend. 

Hair/Makeup:I did my own hair and makeup.  After looking at pictures yesterday I like my hair so much better for my TTD session than for the wedding day.  Oh well, too late now. I also had Shellac done on my fingers before we left town.  It worked great for the wedding but after spending so much time in the water and beach it peeled off only a week after getting it done.   

Red Sky:The food was by far the hit of the night.  We had cocktail hour with raw tuna, asiago cheese dip, asian vegetable rolls, risotto stuffed mozzarella balls, and bacon wrapped scallops.  The house got quiet when they all started snacking- I had to tell people to save room for dinner.  For dinner they made me a special dish that wasn’t on our menu since I am vegetarian- it was a portabella stack that was delicious. I wish I had thought to bring the menu with me but for a quick review had lamb chops, fillet, mac and cheese, salad (can’t think of name but had tomato, mozzarella, and basil), slider bar that was pork, sloppy joe, & crab cakes, mashed potatoes, dijon scallops.  I can’t tell you how good everything tasted.  The chef and his helper were amazing as well.  They were so professional and I swear the kitchen was cleaner than before they got there.  I can’t say enough about how great our experience with the Red Sky was.  Our family is STILL talking about it. 

Jessica McClintock:Figured I’d mention where I got my dress too.  I know, it’s a mall store, but I really love the dress I got.  It worked so well with the wind and also the fact that it didn’t have to be steamed from the travel- plus it was under $400.   

I kind of feel like I am forgetting something but I guess not.  Getting married in OBX was such a good decision.  It was intimate and fun and we are SO glad we got married in our favorite location.  You really will not regret it! 

The pics below are from cell phones and such- it what I have with me- sorry they are a bit fuzzy.
For all of you doing TTD- I forgot my bouquet- BIG mistake.  I wish I would have brought them with me.

Lisa Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Lisa's (ldybug78) vendor reviews- PIP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Lisa, your wedding sounds like it was fabulous and just perfect. From the looks of these pics your pictures will be great.  And your dress is beautiful.  I can't believe you paid so little (considering it's a wedding dress) for it. 

I was afraid to do a TTD session.  I loved my Maggie Sottero dress so much.  I still wonder if I made a mistake.  Then our BM took all of the tuxes back to Mens Wearhouse on the way to the airport on Monday.
  • Options
    hibiscus118hibiscus118 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a wonderful day.  I forgot my bouquet when we did the TTD also and I so wish we would of had it.  I also loved having the wedding early in the week. 
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • Options
    sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the reviews Lisa! Sounds like it was an absolutely perfect day, as it should be. BTW, LOVE the dress :)

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews!  Glad you had an awesome wedding!  I am so excited to eat Red Sky food.  All I hear is about how good it is, and I love to eat, so this excites me :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards