Iowa-Des Moines

wedding ceremony/reception locations

Wow, I haven't been on here for about a year...my wedding was 10.10.09...

So one of my bestest friends is getting married next fall and we were hoping to get ideas of cool places for both a ceremony and a reception in Central or East Central Iowa...any great ideas.  No church, thinking winery or nature reserve, park, etc.  Around 120 to 180 guests, need lots of hotel rooms available near the site as their families are from other parts of Iowa and from Arizona and Florida.  Any help would be awesome.  I keep telling her to get onto the knot.com...but she hasn't yet...I'm giving her til the end of the week!!

TIA for all your help!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: wedding ceremony/reception locations

• edited December 2011
    I checked out the local winery in Ames. Prairie Moon Winery. It's very pretty and is reasonable in price. There is also the Gateway hotel in Ames, Check out Hickory Hall also in Ames. I've been to a wedding at Jester park and it was very nice. Hope it helps.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I've done the wedding flowers a couple times at Fireside Winery in Marengo.  It's west of Iowa city about 1/2 an hour, really picturesque and plenty of room.  The Tanger Outlet Mall is only 5 miles away, and there are hotels there. 

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    The Botanical Center in DSM, Jasper Winery in DSM.

There are also lots of hotels (Sheraton in WDSM, Holiday Inn in WDSM) with close access to the interstate AND that will do the rehearsal, ceremony, reception & brunch (if you'd want to do everything in one place).
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE the Fireside Winery in Marengo
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at Reiman Gardens in Ames and it was really nice. The event coordinator for the gardens is super nice and helpful too.
  • jobiannjobiann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies...it has been a while since I've been on here and I appreciate all your help.  I think I'm more excited for my friends wedding then I was for my own...I think only because it is a lot LESS stress now that it isn't mine!!  Thanks again!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    The Blank Park Zoo in Des Moines can accomodate up to 300 people and has tons of hotels nearby since its right by the airport
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards